26.3

Chapter 26.3 (Part 3 of 3) – Every Day the Protagonist Wants to Capture Me
Chapter Title: Wedding Festivities

Without any hesitation, Chu Yu flung up the sheathed Xun Sheng to block an attack. The sword was struck with great force and the wound on his stomach that had just closed opened up again.

Something rose up in his throat and Chu Yu suddenly coughed up blood. Tears glistened in his eyes, Chu Yu looked at what had attacked him. It was a long, thick, thorny … vine?

Suddenly, a sword flashed out behind him and the vine was cut into three pieces. The pieces of the vine that had fallen on the ground seemed to alive; they were wriggling and violently struggling. Chu Yu was watching this with relish when someone embraced him from behind. Xie Xi’s voice sounded as though he was scared of making Chu Yu angry: “Shixiong … you’re bleeding …”

Blood was already flowing down.

Chu Yu’s breath was reeking with the scent of blood. He took out some pills and swallowed them, never taking his eyes off that vine.

It seems as though the thing that silently kills those who are caught up in the illusion is this thing. The sea of flowers was vast. There was no knowing how many vines so they definitely shouldn’t stay here.

He was kept silent and broke away from Xie Xi’s embrace. Chu Yu limped a little as he walked off with his sword drawn.

Xie Xi stretched out his hand but didn’t dare to hold on to Chu Yu. He paused for a moment then licked his lips and followed.

Chu Yu went to the Mausoleum Ruins to join in the fun. He wasn’t really looking for a treasure. Just as he was leaving the sea of flowers he saw an ancient bronze mirror, rusty and mottled, with a mysterious pattern etched on it.

Chu Yu didn’t think twice and picked it up then continued walking forward.

Xie Xi was still staying some distance behind him. He wasn’t too far away, just close enough to be able to rush forward to protect Chu Yu if he needed any help but not close enough to disturb him.

After a few days of walking slowly, Chu Yu realized that something was wrong.

A cultivator’s physique is different from ordinary people. They heal very fast. However, after two to three days his abdominal injury still hadn’t healed at all.

What did the novel say?

“The wounds a person sustains while inside Mausoleum Ruins must be cured by items from the Mausoleum Ruins.”

****! He forgot all about that!

Chu Yu was in quite a lot of pain but still had to look for a way to find medicine. The Mausoleum Ruins is a big place and he didn’t know how far away the its boundaries were.

It has mountains, bamboo forests, seas of flowers, and even a bleak battlefield, desolate as smoke. Except for the fact that the sky was always grey and an unknown scent was always floating in the air, it wasn’t very different from the world outside.

This led Chu Yu to travel for two days to find medicinal herbs.

Chu Yu counted the days on his fingers. Two more day and the exit to the Mausoleum Ruins entrance will be closed. If they don’t hurry and leave, he will get trapped inside with the protagonist for ten years.

Thinking of the protagonist, Chu Yu paused, but he never looked back.

In recent days, he has deliberately ignored Xie Xi. Even if he cannot hug the thighs, he still doesn’t want to be enemies with Xie Xi. He is Lu Qingan’s first-ranked direct disciple and the second son of the Chu family. He can’t associate with Xie Xi anymore.