70

A few days after Fu Lanxue had taken him back to the same old cave, Chu Yu felt so bored that he started looking around for entertainment.

Although, Chu Yu could previously peacefully stay in the cave previously because he had been physically hindered. Now that he had fully recovered, all he could do now was wait in this dimly lit cave every day; he was seriously bored to death.

Fu Lanxue first simply watched him pace around and said nothing. Since Chu Yu had nothing to do, he simply found a long piece of stone and carved a mark on it every day to mark the days. It helped him to slightly ease his anxiety.

However, a year of not being able to meditate or even go out for a stroll was going to be an extremely long time for Chu Yu to bear. Only a few days had passed already when he began to sigh and roll around on the ground. In any case, Fu Lanxue did not know him before. The reputation of the original owner could take a little hit; it was fine even if he was OOC.

Fu Lanxue remained unperturbed even as he watched Chu Yu make a din for several more days. Until one day, Chu Yu lamented, "Life really is as lonely as snow."1 That was when Fu Lanxue suddenly put up a barrier at the entrance to the cave to make Chu Yu remain where he was before he left the cave.

Chu Yu squatted in the corner and pondered over it. Had Fu Lanxue already ran out of patience with him? Was he going to leave him here to hang out to dry for a year?

No, no, no, he did not seem to be that kind of person.

Facing the darkened cave, Chu Yu gave a long sigh. He yearned for Xie Xi with all his heart. Nothing was ever dull when he was with Xie Xi... Sure enough, his temperament had changed so much after being the doted on and spoiled for so long. He had not been left for that long and now, all of a sudden, he missed Xie Xi so much he could not sleep.

Chu Yu scratched his cheeks. Then, with bitter hatred, he ripped out the grass on the ground with all his might as he tried to ignore the flood of thoughts in his mind.

He really, really wanted to see Xie Xi.

He had only realized his full feelings for Xie Xi recently, and already the separation was this painful. Xie Xi had to helplessly watch him fall into the abyss. Even if he knew that Chu Yu did not die, Chu Yu reckoned that it would still be excruciating for him... He wondered if Third Shidi had managed to pass his message on.

Just when Chu Yu heaved another sigh again, Fu Lanxue returned and handed him an object.

It was a round, snowy-white stone that was the size of two fists.

Chu Yu was baffled. Why did Fu Lanxue give this to him... Was it so that he could knock himself out with it when he was vexed?

Fu Lanxue said, "This kind of stone is very sturdy. If you are bored, you can try carving it to kill time."

Chu Yu gave a start and looked at him with doubt in his eyes. His gaze then drifted behind Fu Lanxue. Only then did he notice that there were many small sculptured figurines where he had been sitting. He vaguely managed to see a glimpse of them; there were figures of both men and women

......He had probably sculpted his kin and friends.

After a moment of silence, he thanked Fu Lanxue. He patted Xun Sheng, getting ready to use it as a chisel.