68

The faint sound of trickling water rang in his ears.

Chu Yu could dimly hear the sounds of footsteps. He gave a sudden start, as his thoughts gathered. He woke up.

He could vaguely see the darkened roof of a cave above him as he opened his eyes. He blinked, but before he had managed to take a clearer look, there were sudden stabs of pain all over his body. It hurt so much that Chu Yu could not even move. He could scarcely breathe and could only lay paralyzed on the ground as if on his deathbed.

It was as if his spiritual pulse had been ripped apart. There was searing pain all over his body. When the pain reached its peak, Chu Yu's brain buzzed, and his eyes grew dim. He had just regained consciousness, only to faint again from the pain. After a while, the pain pulled him back into consciousness again. This went on a few times until Chu Yu clenched his teeth and finally managed with some difficulty not to fall back into unconsciousness. He glanced to one side; there seemed to be a shadowy figure beside him.

Demon Lord Yan Heng?!  

......Then he was a sure goner.

Chu Yu closed his eyes, resigned to his current situation. He did not dare to move at the moment. After all, his body was in such a terrible state; it was as if his bones would shatter like fragile glass if he moved even a little.

While it was strange that Demon Lord Yan Heng had not killed him yet, all his energy was currently focused on withstanding that agonizing pain, and thus, he did not feel any fear.

Chu Yu heaved a sigh internally.

It seemed that the protagonist's law of invincibility was not exactly set in stone...... 

"The host cannot question the law~"

A small voice suddenly sounded in his ear. Chu Yu was shocked. The next moment, he flew into a rage and growled, "You still dare to show up!"

The System laughed, "Host, please calm down~ The system was only undergoing maintenance~ The maintenance is now completed~ The loyal 007 System is at your service~"

After yelling and venting his anger, Chu Yu had calmed down a little. He listened to the System again, kept his anger back, and said coldly, "Loyal? Then please explain, what is this plot regarding Demon Lord Yan Heng all about?!"

The System acted cute and played dumb, "Exactly what it's about~"

Chu Yu's face was expressionless.

The System was silent for a moment before it replied in an embarrassed tone, "Actually, this plot is the ending of the original novel~"

That meant that the protagonist's invincibility mode was gone.

"The ending?" Chu Yu chewed over the words several times. But the more he thought about it, the more he felt that something was off. He frowned and said, "This plot is now over, so it can no longer be considered a spoiler. Tell me exactly what's going on."

The System faltered and demurred for a long time before ​finally ​revealing the outline of the original work's plot.

Chu Yu's face was already black by the time he finished listening.

​​It had to be said that the author of this book was ​a complete farce, one so idle and bored that it makes his balls ache, no wonder he ​even ​used a perfect posture to drop dead on the streets.