28

I DIDN'T KNOW WHO MASON was using to get me casted in films, but it was working. Maybe not in the best way, but it was and I was starting to make a small earning to support the both of us.

Six a.m. in the morning, I reach set, and I have to bring my own clothes. That's how it worked, you're a starter and you have a small role, they make you bring your own clothes instead of lending you costumes. And then, well, it never really was a one answer thing to when you get to go back home. Sometimes you just simply don't at all, and you might as well find yourself awake on top of a table of some sort when some crew member's voice would shock you to consciousness in the morning.

Mason was also busier than ever, sometimes when I got back to his apartment, as late as it was, he wouldn't be there. I wonder what Bridget and Mr. Wang were putting him up to, but I knew it was partly because of me that he was overworking. I blamed myself for it, but most of the time I tried to not acknowledge it, that was for the best. Because if I did acknowledge it, I would have stopped everything we were just starting.

I was desperate. You'd think that I'd be desperate to have people like me again, to get my face back properly on the screen, but really, that was not what I thought about before going to sleep each night.

My number has been blocked by Klarise, and I begged Mason—he wanted me to start fresh, didn't want me crawling to Klarise like what I was already halfway doing—to find me her email, grudgingly he gave it to me.

I emailed her, congratulating her on her arranged marriage. But my heart was aching, I started crying again. I was able to pretend all is good on set since those people there were already giving me stinky eyes, but when I'm alone, or maybe at best with Mason, I bawled my eyes out. It felt miserable. The person you love rejecting you and marrying someone else. I was mad, both at her and the person she was going to marry. She left me without much of a warning when I thought we were going to make a life together somehow, she trapped me in this fantasy, or did I trap myself? I don't know, but the results were the same; she left me and moved on. I haven't.

Whenever I were to be free, I spent hours scrolling through her Weibo, both her posts of her with Ascending8, and even with my burning hatred, pictures of her and Cameron Li. I even rambled to Mason about it, my annoyance and hate towards the guy was as obvious as the day when I wasn't putting up an effort to hide it. I particularly loathed him during those periods of time.

Now, I know you're confused right now because you know how things turned out in the future, the to-come events. Cameron Li, yes, I know what you're thinking of right now. There's a lot to explain, a lot of truths to be revealed, and it's...(Pauses) hard. It's hard to finally tell the truth when you've been hiding it for most of your life, so give me some time.

Cameron Li.

You know the coming events from another point of view, so I'm going to tell you things in my point of view, it may or may not be the truths, but let me give you this: it is my truths.

I'm not going to jump ahead, so I'm going to explain the next few parts of things as the more past me. Therefore, note that I do not know Cameron Li yet, and please do forget the thing you hear most about me when anyone ever talks or thinks about me: "Cameron Li and Maeve Sun Lively's glamorous love story". Because, that is just about the falsest thing about my life the media has ever known.

For the next few months I would be casted in small roles on screen. Sure, it was earning me money, not a lot, but I wasn't becoming known. Even the hate people had for me were fading, they were just forgetting my existence as it was, moving on with their life without my name in their mind. There may be a few people who still knew and loved me, but it's the majority that matters in this fame circle. If the majority of people knew you, if the majority of people liked you, you may as well give yourself the righteous title to "famous".