𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧

i grab my smoothie and walk over to his desk and sit on it. "just like i told you. he slipped away. he said he couldn't be the guy to help me. he said he was too good for me." i say like it was nothing. i was pretty much emotionless at this point. liam sat there in his chair listening. "i mean i knew that. of course he was."

i keep drinking. "then what happened?" he scoots his chair closer. "then i went psycho, i know they told you. i don't know what happened." i sit the cup down and just wait for his response. "yeah they did and what happened was that you got triggered."

i shake my head. "triggered, yeah exactly. i can't believe i acted like that. i just couldn't let him go." i hold my arms. he stands up and walks in front of me.

"it's because you love him. i know how much he meant to you." he puts his hand on my shoulder and i look up at him. "how are you feeling?" i roll my eyes. "very depressed. i was in my room for weeks just staring at the wall. how do you think?" the sarcasm is back.

he laughs of course. "yeah okay. how are you feeling right now that i saved you from wallowing in despair?"

i shrug. "it is what it is. i'm done begging people to stay. i admit defeat. i just want to be with my daughter." i cross my arms. she was the only thing on my mind. she was the only person i needed. i didn't need parker or mason. just her.

"i just don't know what to do now. he was my whole life. i feel so empty." i say and he shakes his head. "see that's the thing. he's not your whole life, you're life is barely beginning. high school, parker, mason are all a small portion of your life." his voice changed.

"i'm lost! i have no idea what to do. i want to see him, no one will let me. i just want to talk to him."

liams looks down and i follow his stare. he looks at my bare finger. "you took it off?" he asks still staring at it. "he broke up with me, why the fuck would i keep it on? it's another reminder of what i lost." i stand up but he sits me back down. "i'm sorry, it was just an observation."

i sit there not even sure what to say or do. "what would you do if you were me?" i finally ask. he looks down at me. "what would i do?" he asks. "yeah."

"if i were you, i would take however much time i needed to adapt to this new life change. i would realize that i'm only twenty years old with my whole life ahead of me. maybe being single wouldn't hurt, you have people that will support you."

i nod and sit there.

"i feel unlovable liam."

"there's so many people in your life that love you. your parents, your friends, people you haven't even met yet. don't let the situation you're going through tell you that you're unlovable because it's not true."

i cry immediately. if only i could actually believe that.

☀︎☀︎☀︎

a/n: um LMFAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO JESUS CHRISTTTTT. y'all i edited this chapter and cut the part where liam kisses bri because i'm delusional and mental to even write that in the first place. not on my watch! i wont let bri get any worse than she already is.