𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲 𝐭𝐰𝐨

there's this quote that i think about every single day.

"as time flies, everything changes...the only thing which remains constant is 'your' memory."- ishani

everyday i choose to only remember the good times. the good memories. there was no point in thinking about everything that went wrong.

there's a past, present and future for a reason. i was so caught up in the past that i forgot to live in the present.

time really does fly.

july

august

september

i looked forward to each month because each month brought new possibilities. i finished my internship which meant i had more time to spend with my family at home.

madeline was growing. she was becoming the bright, lovable little girl she was meant to be. she wants to be an astronaut when she grows up. she'll change her mind when the time comes and i'll be here to support whatever she decides. she'll change her mind once or twice or maybe even three times and that was okay. that's apart of life. change is apart of life.

i was just happy to have my little family. it's all i ever wanted. we were perfect, everything was perfect.

"when we get home can we build a fort?" maddy asks from the backseat brushing her dolls hair. "of course we can. we just have to go grocery shopping really quick okay?" i look at her from the rear view mirror. "okay." she smiles also looking in the mirror.

i stop at the red light and look over to my right. "did you bring the list?" i ask parker. he shifts his attention from outside to me. "oh shit." he starts feeling around his pockets. "dad said a bad word." maddy laughs. "yeah dad. you said a bad word." i raise an eyebrow at him. "sorry." he smiles innocently.

"it's okay, i came prepared. i wrote everything down in my notes app just in case." i wait for the light to change. "of course you did." parker holds my right hand and kisses it lightly. i turn to face him and we kiss for a moment. the light turns green and i continue to drive.

we listen to the radio and sing every so often.

"what movie do you want to watch when we get home?" parker asks maddy. "moana!" she shouts excitedly. "again?" he fake groans. i stop at another red light.

"why don't we watch something new this time." i suggest. "like what?" her tone changes. i think for a second. "i don't know, something not disney." i look at parker and we laugh. the light turns green and i drive again. i get this weird feeling out of nowhere. deep inside my gut.

in my peripheral vision, i see a white blur approaching at a fast pace. when i look directly, i can see my fate. "shit!" i press my foot on the gas but i'm too late. my fate is decided for me as soon as the white car collides with mine.

☀︎☀︎☀︎

parker

i blink a few times. smoke clouds my vision. i can't hear anything. i reach for my neck, the pain was strong. my eyes trail up towards the drivers seat. towards her. suddenly everything is crystal clear. my worst nightmare had come true.

"bri?" i call for her. she doesn't answer. then the screams. the loud piercing screams from the backseat activate my senses. madeline. i'm quick to take off my seatbelt. i stumble out of the car and rush to get her from the backseat. i unbuckle her seatbelt and carry her out of the car.

i examine her making sure there's no sight of blood or anything broken. "maddy are you hurt? are you okay?" i'm frantic, searching everywhere. she has a cut on her cheek, under her left eye, on her knuckles and some on her arm. they were bleeding but not excessively. just barely.