𝐬𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧

i have therapy today. i ditched our last session because i was nervous to see him. i didn't want to go today which was weird. usually i couldn't wait to talk about my problems. i don't know, the days have been weird lately. time just keeps flying.

noah went back to california, parker is parker, riley and nat come over sometimes, my mom has been over a lot. june is in two days which means maddys birthday is in nineteen days.

i already booked our flight. we leave to greece two days after her birthday. i already sent out her party invitations. i wanted the theme to be wild and three but she wanted a mermaid themed party.

so i bought a whole bunch of mermaid decorations and ordered the cutest two tiered mermaid cake with her name on it. it had the cutest mermaid tail on the top. i hope she'll like it. i hope her party makes her happy.

i put my purse on my shoulder and i knock on his door. "come in brianna." he says like always in a little tune. i open the door and slowly walk in. "long time no see." he turns to face me in his chair. "it's been three weeks." i sit down in the same chair.

"you bailed on me. how could you?" liam jokes. "yeah sorry maddy wanted me to stay home." i lie. "no big deal. you're here now. so what's up?"

i update him on life like usual. he gives me advice like usual.

i can tell we're about to end this session. he looks at me differently. i stopped talking and we're just staring at each other. "you seem in a happier mood, good."

"i'm trying my best, how are you?"

"you know what get out, your time is up." he gets up and i try not to laugh. i get up and we both walk to the door. "bye." i walk out.

"by the way i'm going to greece in a few weeks. see ya." i tell him then fast walk down the hallway. "why didn't you tell me that earlier?" he shouts. "see you next week." i shout back.

☀︎☀︎☀︎

"guess what bug!" i hold her hands. "what?" she jumps. "we're going to greece after your birthday!" i wiggle our arms. "yay!" we both dance around. i'm one hundred percent sure she didn't even know what that meant.

"are you excited for your birthday?" i ask picking her up. "yes! daddy's going to come and grandpa and grandma's going to come!" maddy throws her hands up. "who else do you want to come?" i ask waiting to hear her list.

it all consisted of the people she saw on a regular basis. all of the people i introduced to her. our closest friends.

"they'll all be there. we're going to eat cake and ice cream, open presents and dance." i tickle her to hear her giggles. "want to see where we're going?" i ask sitting on the couch. she lays on me and i pull out my phone to show her.

the door opens and we both look in that direction. "hey dad." i say. then look again. "someone looks happy." i tease. "yeah... i am..." he takes his coat off. "why?"

"mommy look." she points to a picture on my phone. "yeah that's the hotel we're staying in." i say then look back at my dad. "you're probably going to love this... i don't know how it happened but your mom and i are getting back together." he says casually.

"what? are you fu-freaking serious? when, where and how did this happen?" i pick maddy up and put her on my hip. i side hug my dad. "i wish i could tell you, it was random."

i haven't smiled this big in forever. "oh wow. i'm so happy for you guys." i feel like crying tears of joy. "have you told noah?" i ask. "not yet, i literally just happened. five minutes ago." he walks into the kitchen and i follow him.