𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲 𝐨𝐧𝐞

"wow." i get out of the car. i shake my head trying to hold in my laugh. "what?" parker holds out his hand. i hold it and we walk into ben and jerry's. "you're so cheesy for this." i hold onto him.

good old ben and jerry's. so many memories.

parker orders for us while i went to find a table. he comes back with our ice cream and i notice his is the same as mine. "what happened to vanilla? you finally stopped being boring?" i mess with him. "chunky monkey kind of grew on me." he slides my cup towards me as he sits down.

i look at him and around us. even though i still loved him, i never thought we'd be here again. just the two of us.

i could see the younger versions of us whenever we were together. teenager me was so excited to finally be hanging out with the guy of my dreams.

"do you remember the first time we came here?" i ask smiling a little. "of course i do. i learned a lot about you that day." he sits back. "oh yeah? what did you learn?" i grab the spoon getting ready to scoop. i take a bite waiting for his answer. "i learned the little things about you. the answers to the same questions people always ask each other when getting to know one another."

we eat our ice cream sitting there reminiscing. "you asked me to be your girlfriend here too. right in that booth." i point to the booth in the corner by the door. parker looks back and smiles. "you got mad at me for yelling out loud." we both laugh for a little bit.

"do you still hate clichés?" he asks after taking a bite.

i don't think i really hated clichés. i think my dislike for them started when i realized i would never get to experience them. getting asked out in a grand gesture, getting roses every so often... falling in love with the hottest guy in school.

"no."

"interesting. so if i bought you a whole bunch of roses you wouldn't get mad?"

"no."

he nods his head slowly then goes in for another scoop.

"i missed you." i admit. i'm starting to believe again that parker is my soulmate. i can't see myself truly with anyone else. years later and my heart still belongs to him. i had to be under a spell. after everything i've been through- how could i feel this way?

"i missed you too." he puts his hand out on the table. i'm quick to hold it. "here's to the future." he winks.

"to the future."