o. junk 'n stuff

( < ミ

( < ミ . ♡ > )

KIMBERLY LLOYD WAS NEW TO SWELLVIEW. She didn't have many friends yet and she was already beginning to settle in and get used to Swellview. Seeing that she didn't have many friends, she now decided that she was going to get an after-school job.

"Maybe you could work at the tire shop that's just a couple of blocks from here? They take in anybody applying for a job." Her mother suggested as she folded laundry. "Nah, that requires getting my hands dirty," Kimberly shook her head as she browsed through her computer for a job. She gaped and showed her mother her computer, "What about this one? Professional jumper."

Her mother scanned the computer with her eyes. "It pays $11 dollars an hour... just for jumping." Teresa looked at her daughter. "Kim, honey, there's something on the screen. It says $1 an hour." Kim looked back at the computer and shook her head. "Yeah, never mind."

As soon as Kim clicked out of the tab, her little brother, Jason, had come running downstairs. "Mom, I'm gonna play some catch with Sawyer across the street."

Teresa smiled, "Aw, look at you already making friends." She hit her daughter's ankles, which were resting on the table. "Be more like your brother, socialize." Kim knew her mom was joking. "It's harder when your in high school, Mom. And when you have to start all over."

"I'm starting over, it's working for me." Jason spoke, causing Kim to glare at her younger brother and Jason had fear written in his eyes. "Oh, I know that look all too well. See ya."

"Be careful, Jason. And don't go up trees. Last time that happened, we had to call the fire station." Teresa said and Kim focused back on her computer. "Hey, look, here's one. At a store called Junk 'N Stuff. Part-time helpers for various duties. No special skills necessary." Kim read and Teresa looks behind her shoulder. "And it's not that far from here."

"You should go and check it out. Wouldn't hurt to." Teresa suggested and Kim lifted her laptop off her thighs and stood up, grabbing her phone off her charger and kissed her mom on the cheek. "Bye, Mom." She said. "Bye, honey. See you later."
With that, Kim headed out the door.

Swellview seemed small. She had lived in New York most of her life so this was completely different from what she had previously lived in. Swellview seemed interesting to Kim.

Soon enough, she had gotten to the front of the store and before she reached the handle, a boy her age had beat her to it. "You here for the job?" He asked. The boy was about her height, he had blonde hair, brown eyes and was wearing a red and white flannel. Kim nodded, "Yeah." Henry nodded back. "Cool, I am, too."