lvii. saturday night lies

( < ミ

( < ミ . ♡ > )

THE FOUR TEENS HAD BEEN HANGING OUT DOWN AT THE STORE ALL DAY. Henry was at the register, Charlotte was organized some things, Jasper had been seated over at the couch and Kim had messing around with some of the junk in the store with a lollipop in her mouth as she did so.

Ray had come through the store interrupting the gang's chill day. "Yo-yo-yo-kiddie-o's! Check out this new invention Schwoz just made for me."

"Ooh, I wanna see!"
"Uh-oh."
"Show us."
"Coolio beans."

"Check it." Kim had walked over behind the register to her boyfriend and saw as Ray held up a pen.

"Uh, I don't think Schwoz invented the pen." Charlotte told. Ray scoffs, "She think it's just a pen. She's think it's just a pen." He mocks as both Henry and Jasper laugh.

"So did we." Jasper said.
"Yeah, we all thought it was just a pen." Henry spoke.
"Yeah, a little clarification would help." Kim told.

"Well, it also happens to be," Ray shakes the pen and it lights up a blue color. "A nose-hair trimmer."

"What?" Henry questions as Ray sticks the pen up his nose. "Dude, that's dope." Kim comments.

"And it also happens to fire small poison darts." Ray shakes the pen again and it's transformed into a dart.

"No." Henry smirks.
"No way." Kim chuckles.

Ray points the pen/dart/nose-hair trimmer over a plant and shoots a dart towards it and the plant dies.

"Wow!" Jasper cheers.
"Yes! That is gold!" Henry shouts.

"And you can reuse the darts, so... sustainable, good for the earth and all that..." Ray trails off as he looks outside to see a woman and man and he gasps, "Oh, no. Oh, no, she's here. Oh, my God, why is she here? Why is she here? No, no, no, no."

"Who?"
"Yeah, what are you talking about?"

"Her, her! Lacey, my ex-girlfriend! Oh, God,
she's—" Ray says as he goes over and leans over the register as the woman and a man walk in.

The woman has already spotted Ray and she smiles, "Ray!"

"Hey!" Ray says in a high-pitched voice. "Lacey! Oh, my gosh! You're... you're here!"

"Ray Manchester!" She holds her arms up as her and Ray hug. "Oh, my gosh! How long has it been?"
"Oh, gosh, twe-twelve years." Ray states.
"Ugh, twelve years. Well, you look exactly the same."
"Oh, thanks."
"Just older."
Kim curls her lips to stifle her laughter.
"Oh, I forgot you were so funny." Ray says, laughing falsely and both him and Lacey take the dramatic sigh after a fake laugh.