xii. kim's skater-boy

( < ミ

( < ミ . ♡ > )

AFTER GETTING SOME EMERGENCY CALL FROM JASPER, HENRY, KIM AND CHARLOTTE WERE ALL AT THE SWELLVIEW SKATEPARK — WHERE JASPER HAD TOLD THEM TO MEET HIM. Charlotte tries calling the boy, but there is no answer.

"Is he answering?" Kim asks as she paces around and Charlotte shakes her head, looking down at her phone. "Nope." She tells and Kim groans in annoyance.

Henry walks towards the two, since he's pacing as well. "Why did he want us to meet him at a skatepark again?" He questions.

"I don't know, all I got from him was: 'Emergency. Meet me down at Swellview Skatepark, PS Bring A Bucket of Chicken Pucks'." Charlotte explains and Henry nods, looking down at his phone, as well.

"Yeah, I did, too. And we're here and we had chicken pucks up until someone had gotten restless and hungry." The boy's eyes thwarted to Kim.

Kim rolls her eyes and looks at her friend. "Okay, one: I was hungry and two: I'm impatient and when you mix those two together, it's not pretty." She states.

"Hey, guys!" The group turns around and sees Jasper, with a bunch of padding on his elbows, knees, hands and helmet to top it all off and Kim's eyes thwart over to the skateboard in his hands.

"Oh." Henry starts.
"My." Charlotte adds.
"God." Kim finishes.

Jasper waddles over to his friend group. "Uh, Jasper? Care to explain why we're here?" Henry questioned. "And why you're wearing that?" Kim asks. "I would also like to know that." Henry nods.

"I'm learning how to board." Jasper tells. "I need a special skill. And besides, skating's cool."

"Not cool when you do it." Charlotte comments.
"Burn." Kim says and high-fives her friend.

Jasper ignores the comment and goes back to talking. "I got a friend that's been teaching me and I've actually been doing pretty good. So, Kim, do you mind recording me skate?" He hands her his phone.

"Why me?" Kim asks.

"Your recording skills are bomb."

Kim shrugs, "True." She holds up the phone and Jasper readies himself. "Tell me when you're starting."

"Starting now." Kim presses the recording button and Jasper's phone is now recording him.

"Now, I'm gonna try and get this landing with my skateboard on the steep side of this ramp and I'm gonna do an Ollie and then a kickflip and then I'll be a real skater."