lxviii. the great cactus con

( < ミ

( < ミ . ♡ > )

JASPER HAD ENTERED THE MAN CAVE WITH A FRIED PLATE OF FAJITAS. "Happy Fajita Friday, people!" He announced. Henry, Kim, Ray and Charlotte had paid no attention to him, though.

They had focusing on tapping on their phones for the past hour. "It's not Friday, it's Saturday." Henry reminded Jasper. "Well, that would explain why I was the only one at school today." Jasper tells.

"Silence, boy!" Ray screeched. "I'm trying to buy tickets to Cactus Con!"

"But they don't go on sale 'til Saturday." Jasper says and Kim looks up from her phone and stops tapping. "Jasper, Jasper, Jasper..." She mumbles as Charlotte stops herself and says: "Think it through."

Jasper had finally thought it through and joined the gang in on the tapping. "Anyone buy tickets yet?"
"No!"
"No."
"You see me tapping?"
"Shut up, Jasper."

"I don't understand why everyone love this cactus convention so much." Schwoz tells. "What? Tap my phone for me, will ya?" Ray pushes his phone towards Henry, who eventually has to do it even though he doesn't want to.

Ray stands up and walks over to Schwoz. "Cactus Con is Swellview's best convention. It's better than Wallet Con, Squirrel Con and Shaka-Con."

Charlotte stops and looks towards Henry. "You can tap one more, right?"
"Uh, no, kinda—"
"Thanks, champ."

Charlotte stands up next, walking to the adults in the room. "And there's great food, too. Like, cactus milk, cactus tacos, cactus jerky."

Kim, hearing the discussion on food, pushes her phone towards Henry. "Tap my phone, will ya?"
"Uh, Kim—"
"Thanks, babe."

She waltzes her way over to the group. "That sounds disgusting." Schwoz voices.
"I agree, who wants cactus food? You wouldn't be able to eat it." Kim tells.

"How is that disgusting to you? You're eating fajitas off the floor." Charlotte then looks over at Kim. "I'm surprised you're not down there with him."

"Because... I actually have self-respect for myself. I would never eat food off the floor." Kim crosses her arms.
Schwoz hands her a piece of a fajita. "You want one?"
"Yes, please." Kim gives in.

"I'll take a floor-jita." Ray tells.
Charlotte looks at the three of them and eventually gives in, taking a floor-jita, as well.

"And my sister's the Cactus Queen, this year." Henry voices. "Mhm, and Kim and I designed Piper's dress, with my friend Patina."