xlviii. love hurts

( < ミ

( < ミ . ♡ > )

THE GANG HAD ALL BEEN IN THE MAN CAVE, RAY HAD BEEN TEACHING SELF DEFENSE SKILLS AND LOOKING LIKE A TEACHER WITH A BOARD. Kim hadn't been paying attention, she was on her phone the entire time.

"First rule about combat is that you always, I repeat, always, stand your ground." Ray stated. Everyone overheard Kim's typing and her sending texts and someone else sending her texts back. They also took notice at Kim smiling down at her phone.

"Yeah, and why are you teaching us this?" Charlotte asks. "Well, just in case. Henry, Kim and I might not always be there to save the day." Ray explained.

"Oh, please," Jasper interfered, scoffing. "I can take care of all of us with these guns." He said, holding up his 'muscles'. "Imma need to you to rephrase that." Charlotte told.

"Anyway..."

Kim's phone dinged and this time, she laughed. Henry looked over at Kim's way in confusion.

"You're gonna need to be trained in order to fight. So, tackling the perp..." Ray was interrupted as Kim chuckled to herself again as her phone dinged. "That'll work. Mace... well, anything will work."

Ding. Giggle. Type.

"So, when you..."

Ding.

"When you..."

Ding.

Ray threw his board across the Man Cave. "Who are you texting when you're supposed to be learning self-defense?!"

Kim finally looked up from her phone. "Oh, sorry, it's Blake." She said. "He's so funny." It had been a couple weeks since the Dustin Beaver incident and since Kim met this Blake guy and she really hit it off with him. They began to text constantly.

Henry fake-laughed. "Hahaha, he's so funny."

Kim stood up from her seat, playfully hitting her friend on the shoulder. "You know, I'm surprised he hasn't asked you out yet." Charlotte tells, standing up and meeting Kim — the both of them standing next to each other.

"Honestly, me, too. I hope he does it soon." Kim had finally decided that it was time to get back out there and for Blake, she was definitely willing to do just that. "We've been on like three non-dates."

"What's a 'non-date'?" Jasper asked.

"A 'non-date' is a date that's not really a date." Charlotte informed. "And you've been on three with this guy?" Schwoz asked and Kim nodded, "Yup. But I think our date tonight is gonna change everything and I think he's gonna ask me out tonight." Kim told, squealing afterwards.