xxix. balloons of doom

( < ミ

( < ミ . ♡ > )

IT WAS A PRETTY REGULAR DAY IN THE MAN CAVE. Ray, Henry and Kim had all been dressed up Captain Man, Kid Danger and Girl Danger and having their own private photo shoot as if they were at the beach.

The backdrop had looked as if they were at the beach, at least. Kim had a beach ball in her hands and so did Henry. Kim had put a blue flower behind Henry's ear to 'add some beachy flavor' as she put it. Ray had a towel over his shoulder and Schwoz had been shooting the photos and they were posing. Charlotte had been behind them holding a surfboard but covering her face with it.

Ray seemed to enjoy this more than the others did. "Oh, hey, wave to the hot girls on the beach!" Ray and Henry pretended and Kim turned over to Charlotte and the two rolled their eyes.

Ray kept patting Henry on the chest to get into it and acting as if he were an embarrassing father with Henry. "You're embarrassing me in front of the girls that don't exist!" Henry told and Ray had stopped.

Schwoz looked at the three. "Come on, show me some emotion! Give me some feels, baby. Especially you two." He points to both Kim and Henry who furrow their eyebrows in confusion.

"Yeah, come on, guys! We're on the beach in Hawaii!"

"No, we're not!"
"It's just a green-screen!"

Henry sighs, "I feel dumb." He admits. "Hey, do you realize how many people wish they were gonna be featured in the new Swellview Calendar?"

"Well, go find them." Charlotte tells. "I don't wanna do this."

Kim nods, "Yeah, do you guys not realize how many tween girls are gonna cross my face out of these calendars but keep your faces up?" Usually with girls who were under the age of 15 and lower were totally obsessed over Captain Man and Kid Danger but when it came to Girl Danger, a lot of people were jealous or didn't like her because everyone thought she was dating Kid Danger. Of course, Girl Danger had her own fans, who were nerdy teen boys and half of the football team at school seemed to liked her — but Kim probably knew they liked her because Girl Danger was hot.

"Millions." Henry told.
"Totally." Ray added and the two high-fived.

Suddenly, the alert notification had popped up on all of the screens and they read to see that they were getting a — "Hotline Call."

"Yeah," Ray nods. "Schwoz, Charlotte, get over there so you won't be seen." He orders and Schwoz puts his camera down and Charlotte begins to follow him. Kim tosses her beach ball away as Ray places his towel over Charlotte and the superhero and sidekicks make it over to the monitor.