||3|| >>ANGELS WITH DIRTY FACES<< Mystery

I present you with ANGELS WITH DIRTY FACES. Rough on the surface but amazing when you stop to think about it. And well, there are some who aren't even all that rough at all.

 And  well, there are some who aren't even all that rough at all

3. The Dark Mind Wanders By Charlie Oakree(CharlieOakree)

Status: On going. Currently on chapter 1

How did I find this author? I'm not sure. She popped up on my screen saying that her short story had won a contest. It's a short so I figured, "Why not?"

What's the story about? It appears to be a collection of short stories. It has one so far but more than likely she'll introduce more as time goes on.

What I like the most about this story (author)? Good writing is good writing is good writing. Nobody can deny that. The grammar is tight and it's got a good flow. Beyond that, it uses Third Person Present which you don't see a lot of (especially on Wattpad). The story has more than enough spine-tingling moments. Anyone who enjoys old fashioned Tales from the Crypt and such will appreciate this little short. The description is good, the transition is great, and it's a pretty good example for anyone wanting to see how they can perhaps structure a short thriller. It's hard to get the balance right when you have limited space. The action is on point. It could have gone darker (I'm glad it didn't. Hahaha, my poor heart), but instead, it gives you a rich and full story right there. A true classic horror fan will appreciate this little gem. Nice line at the end, too.

Shortcomings. It could do with some commas in a few places for clarity and flow but it's nothing major and nothing that'll impact the story in the places that matter. The cover doesn't really catch the eye well, hence my rude and unrequested remakes. Finally, anyone 35 years old and up will feel familiarity with this story but it's still worth it.

BEFORE YOU START: Make sure and comment or give a shout out if you like this story. Authors work hard and a bit of encouragement here and there isn't a bad thing. Take notes on how the story is set up. This is some solid writing and it's done in Third Person Present. There's a lot to learn from this one. I especially like the end.

Actually, I take it back; the original cover's grown on me.