(4) REVIEWS: Sirens (Mythology)

Sirens by Sienna Frost ( SiennaFrost)

This short story will have you questioning your life. Because with great writers like Sienna Frost out there, why bother even trying to write? And I'm not saying that for flattery's sake. This book...is pretty impressive. It almost makes me wish her harm. (j/k...sorta).

(Knock on wood)

Firstly, it's under 5k so EVERY word has to count and she does that in spades.

I've read a chapter here and there by her and have been impressed but what she manages to pull off in 5k has humbled me. I want to fling myself into the ocean as a sacrifice to the writing gods to ask them to just clone her talent in my reincarnation. Don't believe me? Think I'm embellishing? Read one paragraph of this story. Just one. It doesn't even have to be the first chapter. Any random paragraph will get to you.

Sienna takes the traditional story of the Sirens and makes it her own. Within a few paragraphs she gives you lore and deep lore at that. And it's not bashing you over the head like I do it, no, she weaves it in. Her greatest strength is the beauty in the words she chooses. Everything is a delivery which helps to make the short story almost poetic. Like the Siren's song, you'll read a bit and be instantly compelled to finish.

The best thing about this little gem is that you learn something new with each progression. I will say one thing, I wanted it to end differently--I'd expected it to. So don't think for a second you'll see it coming. You definitely won't. Don't bother reading the blurb. You don't need it and all the fun is in finding out how this wicked world works.

Hats off to this author and this short story. Be kind to yourself, experience this while you can.

 Be kind to yourself, experience this while you can