Chapter 1

I woke up to my alarm blaring in my ear. With my eyes still closed I reached over and hit around where my phone should be until I hit the phone until the alarm stopped.

Putting the covers back over my face I rolled over. When suddenly I was literally pushed out of bed.

"Ack!" I fell onto the floor with a thud.

"We are NOT gonna be late again. Get up." Alex said walking out of the room laughing.

"I'm gonna kill him. He's actually dead." I said to myself. Getting up I got dressed. I wore a black and red crop-top with black ripped shorts and black converses. As I walked down stairs into the kitchen I heard Alex laughing once again.

"I'm gonna be honest I didn't think that would wake you up. Nice bed head Mickey." I was getting a bowl from the cabinet and setting it down I grabbed a wooden spoon and chucked it at him. He yelped quickly ducking causing him to fall off his chair. I started laughing as I got my Lucky Charms and milk. "OW!" he yelled. "Rude!"

"Ohh! Don't even! You wanna know what's even worse?! Getting a rude awakening!" I yell laughing. "Did my mom and dad already leave?"

"Yea and they left you lunch money just so you know." He said. Typical they left and never said goodbye. Just then Max walked in.

"Hey you want breakfast kiddo?" I asked him.

"No thanks I'm good mom made me eggs." He stated. "Also mom asked you to walk to and from school remember?"

"Mom made you eggs?" Mom never did that for me. His hazel eyes got bigger like he remembered something.

"Here." He walked over to the microwave and pulled out a paper towel with two pieces of bacon. He handed one to me and one to Alex.

"Thanks squirt!" Alex said ruffling Max's hair. I stayed quiet. Mom NEVER did that for me. She always said 'sorry honey I'm too busy.' Or 'Sorry darling I have to get to work.' Alex noticed I was quiet; he came around and hugged me. "You're thinking real loud." I sighed.

"I'm fine." I huffed.

"Nope. No no no. Say my favorite movie quote with me..." he started.

"Fine: Freaked out, Insecure, Neurotic, Emotional." We said it together.

"I can't believe you used The Italian Job against me." We laughed.

"Hey ummm guys?" We turned our attention to Max. "If you're done... having a moment; if we don't leave now we're gonna be late." He said. We laughed and grabbed out bags and left.