Chapter 6

*present time*

*Mickela's POV*

Before school let out it had started to rain.

"Great" I said, throwing my arms into the air. Alex and I started running to Max's school. When we got there Max was standing out by the half alive half dead tree. I ran over to him when he saw me he hugged me and we walked back over to Alex.

Once we got back to our house I went upstairs to change into dry clothes and I had Max do the same. I went down stairs with mine and Max's wet clothes in my hand.

"Alex where are your wet clothes?" I asked, noticing he was in his gym uniform.

"In my bag."

"Can I have them please? I'll put them in the dryer." He nodded and handed them over to me. Once I started the dryer and homework was done I made up some hot chocolate and popcorn and three of us sat on the couch watching Descendants.

After I made dinner for Max, Alex and myself I put Max to bed and set up the couch for Alex. Mom and dad wouldn't be back until tomorrow night so I had Alex stay over as usual so Max and I weren't alone. The next day went by so fast. And as expected at 6 o'clock pm mom and dad got home.

Now it was Friday. Thank god. School went by rather quickly. As I was walking to Max's school I felt the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I was being watched. I stopped and checked my surroundings. No one was watching me.

"Hey you good?" Alex's voice pulled me out of my thoughts.

"Yeah I'm good." I said with a fake smile and started walking forward. I knew he didn't believe me but I didn't care. And once again I got the feeling I was being watched.

Once we picked up Max we went home.

"So umm Alex and I were going to go and meet up with friends. Is that okay?"

"Yeah that's fine make sure you're home by 11." My mom called.

"Okay thank you! Bye." We left.

We met up with Casey, Donny and Kelsi at the movies. After the movies we were walking around the park goofing off. When I looked at the time it read 10:45.

"Hey guys I'm gonna head out." Alex got up.

"I'll walk you home."

"Oh ok you know you don't have to."

"Yeah but if you get kidnapped and I could have stopped it from happening I'm gonna feel really bad." he said walking forward.

"Okay then." I turned and started walking.

As we were walking I got a really bad feeling. I froze causing Alex to run into me. Something bad was gonna happen.

"Alex I have a bad feeling about this." He got concerned and put his hands on my shoulders and looked into my eyes.

"Mickela what's wrong?" He said. He was worried he only used my normal name if he was angry or worried. I was about to answer when I noticed a man standing behind Alex not moving. Then I noticed it was only us.

"Alex..." I was shaking. He turned around and saw the man and moved me behind him.

"Mickela Jones?" The man asked.

"Yes?" I said from behind Alex. The man smirked. Suddenly there was an arm around my neck dragging me away from Alex.