Chapter 14

*Mickela's POV*

He knew. I didn't want him to know. I didn't want anyone to know. Heck if anything I wanted to forget. It scared me. All because of Hydra; they did this to me; even though I was with the Avengers...I was still being tortured by Hydra.

"I'm sorry." That's all I could muster up. Bucky pulled up a chair, sitting down and put his hands on my arms. His blue eyes stared into mine.

"There is nothing for you to be sorry about. If your powers didn't spike--"

"They wouldn't be dead!" Tears fell down my cheeks.

"But you would be." His voice was steady and stern. "If anyone should be sorry. It should be me. I never should have left your side. If I had stayed with you maybe I wouldn't have gone Winter Soldier and hurt people and almost killed you. When you called me dad something clicked in me and my subconscious was awake. I was fighting for control but I couldn't." He put his head down.

"Is there a way to get rid of them? My powers I mean?" He looked up at me and sat back in his chair.

"I don't know. I think our best bet is to help you learn to control them." I nodded. We talked for a bit longer and then walked back to the others who were on the couch. They looked at us but then diverted their attention back to the tv.

At some point I must have fallen asleep because when I woke up I was in my bed. As my eyes adjusted I realized I was in what looked like an ice cocoon. Panicked, I screamed. A couple seconds passed when the door opened. I could see the figure freeze in its place.

"Um. Bucky!? Get in here please!" I recognized Natasha's voice. I heard footsteps coming from down the hall. Another figure appeared in the doorway.

"Huh." I heard my dad. "Well that's new." How he said it made me laugh and caused the ice cocoon to turn to water splashing down on me. My bed and I were completely drenched. And instead of getting me a towel they both burst into laughter. "Okay now that was funny." He said chuckling.

"Yeah, totally ha ha ha can you get me a towel now please?" Nat disappeared only to reappear seconds later with a towel in hand.

After I got dried off I walked into the living room and sat down next to my dad. When my bare arm touch his he jumped.

"Jesus! You're flipping freezing!" I laughed as he shivered.

"Umm...yea that's kinda the point." I said. Steve and a few others laughed. "So umm I have a quick question..."

"What's up Metallica on ice?" I made a funny face at Tony's nickname for me.

"What?" I asked.

"Get it Metallica on Ice...no! Seriously?! Because I call Bucky Metallica and she's his daughter and she has ice powers...? Metallica on Ice. Ugh no one gets my humor." He grumbled looking between everyone.

"Anyway..." Steve started, "What's up?"

"Can someone please start teaching me how to use my powers?" They looked at each other.

"I don't see why not." Natasha said. "We'll start tomorrow." I nodded. As I turned my attention to the tv the sound of the elevator door opening. I turned to look at the elevator expecting to see Bruce but instead locked eyes with a boy my age; he was tall and lean, had brown hair, and gorgeous chocolate brown eyes.

"Hey everyone." He said awkwardly, waving his hand. I recognized the voice. He was the one who saved me from falling to my death in the elevator shaft.

"Hey kid. So um we have a newbie. Mickela this is Peter; Peter this is Mickela."

"It's nice to meet you. And umm thank you again for saving me in the elevator shaft." I shook his hand. He looked confused.

"What do you mean?" He said, chuckling nervously.

"I recognized your voice..." He nodded slowly. I sat back down next to my dad. "Dang he's cute!" I thought. I heard Wanda giggle. I looked at her and moved my head to the side, in response she took her pointer finger and tabbed her temple. My eyes widened and I quickly my face heated up and I looked away.