Chapter 10

*Bucky's POV*

After we got back and got Alex stable he fell asleep. I was about to leave the room when his phone rang. Weighing the options I walked over, picked up the phone and answered the call.

"Hello?" I asked; it was too good to be true. A small voice rang through the phone; my heart sank into the pit of my stomach. Mickela.

"My name is Mickela. I was kidnapped. Please help me."

"Mickela?! Oh thank god!" The man yelled. "Jarvis track this number." I rattled off numbers on the phone.

"Who is this anyway cause I know that this isn't Alex."

"I'm Bucky Barnes or the Winter Soldier." I said. Before anything else could be said I faintly heard a door open and then rustling against the phone. The faint sound of footsteps grew louder and then I heard her screaming. Panic flooded my systems and before I knew it I was yelling for her. I soon realized it was a bad idea but before I could do anything I heard a man's voice.

"Take her to the torture room." Her screaming continued as she was dragged away. I couldn't move. All I could think was how it was all my fault this was happening. The man's voice rang through the phone again. "Comply Sergeant Barnes and we'll let her go." The line went dead.

"The call has been traced." Jarvis alerted. I let out the breath I didn't know I was holding and allowed a faint smile to play on my face.

"I'm coming Sweetheart." He quickly placed the phone down on the table next to Alex and ran out of the room to tell everyone. Everyone was around the kitchen island in seconds.

"I know where she is. Everyone suit up and meet me at the jet in 10." Everyone nodded and dispersed. As they started to file into the jet I was already sitting in the cockpit.

"Buck you sure you don't want me to fly?" Clint said.

"Positive." I responded.

As we got closer I put the jet in autopilot and went to address everyone.

"Okay Stark I need you to be the eyes in the sky. And our infrared to alert us if people are coming our way. Natasha, Clint I want you to take the east side. Vision, Wanda take the west side. Hulk, Thor take the north side. Steve you and I will take the south side. That's where the signal pinged from. Everyone try to take out as many Hydra Operatives as possible."

Once the jet landed everyone got up and ran to their assigned places. As Steve and I ran in we heard a small explosion but we never slowed down. We ran into the guards station and scanned the monitors until my eyes landed on a girl who laid still on the floor. In the corner of the screen was a door number B-15.

"No." my voice was just above a whisper. I quickly ran out of the room and down the hall with Steve chasing after me. When I reached the room I quickly took the keycard I had taken from the guards station before I ran out and swiped it unlocking the door. The door swung open to a young girl laying still on the floor caked blood. She was covered in cuts and bruises and her clothes were completely ruined from all the blood. Slowly I walked over to her my initial thought was that we were too late and she was dead but as I got closer she started to breathe quicker. I quickened my step in which caused her to panic.

"No. Please." She cried.

"Mickela? Hey it's okay we're here to save you." Bucky said. She was still crying. God, I wanted to kill each and every Hydra member for what they did to her. "Let's get you out of here." I gently picked her up and cradled her in my arms. And then started walking. She looped her arm around my neck and snuggled closer to me. She was so cold. "Always cold... just like her mother. But maybe a little different." I thought. She rested her head in the crook of my neck and closed her eyes. As we got to the jet everyone was waiting for us. I sat down on the bench and set her on my lap so I could hold her and keep her warm.

"Clint take us home." Clint nodded. After we were in the air for a bit Nat came over to ask her some questions.

"Mickela. Mickela?" She slowly opened her eyes. I could tell she felt safer when she relaxed in my arms. It made me smile.

"Can you move at all?" The Black Widow asked. She didn't answer. She just closed her eyes and relaxed in my arms. I smiled and smoothing her hair. Then looked back up at Nat.

"Nat can you please get me a blanket? She's freezing." I asked. Quickly I grabbed the blanket and wrapped it around her to the best of my ability.

"Do you want to lay down on the stretcher? Or sit on the seat?" I asked her. She opened her eyes and put her head up a little and lightly shook her head, she whimpered as she slowly placed her head back in the crook of my neck.

"No thank you." She whispered then sighed. "So warm." She snuggled closer to me again. I smiled and gently tightened my arms around her keeping her close.

"Okay Mickey. I've got you." I said. Her eyes fluttered closed again. I gently laid my head on her's and closed my eyes. I've been gone and out of her life for 15 almost 16 years. It killed me that I wasn't there to watch her grow up. "I'm gonna destroy Hydra. I swear to god." I thought. I opened my eyes to see Steve watching me smiling. I gave him a look as if to say, 'really'. But before I could say anything Mickela mumbled something.

"Hmm?" I asked. She repeated what she said a little louder.

"How do I know you?" I looked at her confused. "I remember seeing you somewhere but I can't seem to place it." I smiled. I put my hand on the side of her head and gently guided her back onto my shoulder.

"Shhh. It's okay I'll explain everything when you're well rested and all patched up. I promise." I said softly. Slowly she nodded and soon drifted off to sleep.

I looked over at Steve and Tony: who both had their hands on their hearts making silly faces and mouthing 'awe' I glared at both of them. And closed my eyes.