Chapter 8

*Bucky's POV*

It's been a day since I filled in Alex. And he's been updating me regularly. One night I was sitting on the couch in the living room watching Jurassic Park with everyone when I got a call from Alex. Getting up I walked behind the couch and took the call.

"Hey Alex what's—" I stopped and listened. "Alex calm down. Okay we're on our way. Try to get somewhere with a lot of people." I hung up and looked at everyone. "Suit up. We leave in 2 minutes."

Once in the jet I couldn't sit still. I kept checking my gun making sure it was prepared. Then I paced.

"Buck you okay man?" Steve asked me.

"No. No I'm not okay Steve. My daughter is being chased through the streets of Massachusetts and could be kidnapped, tortured or killed or all of the above!" I said, raising my voice a little.

Then we landed. When the jet hatch opened there was a black car and a man standing in front of the door. In the corner of my eye I saw Alex lying on the ground bleeding.

"Nat go take care of Alex." I said not taking my eye off the man in front of the car door.

"Soldier, so kind of you to join us." I stepped forward.

"Let the girl go."

"I told you if you ran then they would pay. Apparently you didn't get the message when Mrs. Jones got in that unfortunate accident, maybe you understand with your daughter's blood on your hands." I thought it was an accident. I thought for a moment.

"What do you mean? What did you do to her?!" I yelled putting my gun up pointing it at the man.

"Oh I did nothing but cut the break line." He laughed. My blood boiled. I was about to say something when I heard Mickela yell.

"You killed my mom?!" She screamed, kicking him in the back. When he moved we made eye contact. My gun lowered slightly.

"Mickela?" I wanted to cry. She looked like the mother but with my hair. But I quickly masked my emotions and put the gun back up pointing it at the man; my eyes locked on the man. "Let her go NOW!" I snarled, my blood boiled in anger. But the anger disappeared and was replaced with fear as a man sitting behind Mickela put a gun to her head. I froze. No.

"You move and she's dead." The man yelled from behind her making her flinch. The man standing in front of the car closed her door and got in and they drove off.

Suddenly I felt broken. My arms felt weak and the gun dropped out of my hands and fell on the ground. My knees gave out under me and I was kneeling on the ground. Steve was at my side in a second.

"Hey. It's okay we'll get her back I promise. We'll get her back."

After we got back on the jet I stayed quiet the whole ride. I'm sorry Marlee. I'm sorry I couldn't protect her.