Chapter 3

*WARNING: please be advised- this may trigger some audience. This is not meant as insult to anybody please don't take it that way*

*Flashback to 10 years ago*

I was sitting alone in my class. No one wanted to play with me. So I was sad. And then this dirty blonde haired boy with striking blue eyes came up to me. His smile was so big. And never faded.

"Hi!"

"Hi." He cocked his head to the side.

"Why are you sad?"

"No one wants to play with me."

"I'll play with you!"

"Really?" I sat up straighter and smiled.

"Yeah! Come on tag your it!" He yelled running away as I chased him.

*Flashback 4 years ago*

I was sitting on the grass outside of the school waiting for Alex to be done with Cross Country, when Tessa Miller came up to me. Tessa Miller was the only other one who knew about my 'family'. Her and I had a falling out in 5th grade and now she's my bully.

"Why are you sitting here? Are you watching the boys like a creep?"

"No Tessa. I'm waiting for Alex. Now please leave me alone." I said in a small voice.

"Why are you waiting for Alex? Is he your boyfriend?"

"No Tessa." I started to get annoyed. "He's walking me home." I looked over and saw him waving at me to come over. I grabbed my stuff. "Excuse me but I have to go." As I ran over to the group of boys and hugged Alex, Tessa called out again but this time loud enough for them to hear her.

"Have fun walking home to your fake family!" They all looked at me. I felt my face heat up. Tears stung my eyes. Pushing past everyone I ran home. Alex followed.

I ran into my room and started to cry. My parents weren't home and I didn't care. Alex soon came in and just pulled me into a hug. I cried into his shoulder.

"I know it's nothing to be embarrassed about but..." I hiccuped "Why didn't she just stay home? Why couldn't I have just waited? It's all my fault!" I cried. Alex hugged me tighter.

"It's not your fault." He said gritting his teeth. He hated it when I blamed myself.

When I was in 4th grade I got a really bad headache to the point of me being in tears. The nurse had called my mom and asked her to come get me. And as she was on her way it started to rain and she lost control of the car and slammed into a pole. Next thing I know I was in an orphanage. And that's where the Coopers came in. They are currently fostering me and then they had Max.

My dad was never in the picture and for all I know didn't know I existed. I mean I would ask my mom about him and she would just smile sweetly and gaze off into space. Then she would say:

"He was so sweet, and had a kind heart but was so damaged that he never trusted anyone including himself. When I told him we were expecting he was so afraid that if the bad people came they would hurt us. He would stay up and guard the front door while I slept."

"Who damaged him momma?" I asked. Her eyes got dark and her smile faded.

"Bad people honey. Bad people."

"Why did he leave?" I cocked my head to the side then looked down. "Was it me?" I asked. My mom's head snapped toward me.

"Of course not baby girl! He had to leave. You see your dad got away from these bad people. And I was helping hide from them and we fell in love, and after you were born they found him again. They told him if he didn't go with them they would hurt us. So he left to protect us." She took a breath. "That had to have been his hardest choice yet. You were about two and a half months old. He loved you so much baby." I nodded and hugged her.

Author's Note:

Hi! Thank you for reading! Hope you're liking the story so far.