troubled

I was walking down the corridor with Jack, Daphne, Blaise, Astoria and Theo talking about what we were doing for Christmas Break. The corridor was halfway busy, so it was hard to hear what we were saying. As I was talking to Jack, I felt someone bump into my shoulder, hard. I turned my body around to see the back of a dark haired Ravenclaw.

"Can you watch where the bloody hell you're going?" I spat. The past few days have been some of my rough days, and I haven't been in the best of moods. This certainly didn't help.

The Ravenclaw turned around with an annoyed yet amused grin on her face. Cho Chang. "Or maybe you could watch where you're going, Morningstar. Mommy hit you in the head so hard that you're now blind, did she?" she clapped back.

I didn't realize it, but everyone in the corridor stopped walking and watched intently on us. I felt Theo's hand on one arm and Blaise's on the other. "C, it's okay. It's fine. Come on. Not here, not now." Blaise whispered. I ignored him.

"What the fuck did you just say to me, Chang?" I asked in a low tone. She snickered and pouted her face. "You heard me." she said.

I ran my tongue over my teeth and over the inside of my cheek while a grin tugged at the left corner of my mouth. Daphne must've noticed because she quickly stood beside me. "Cyn, you know that I'm down to fight whoever, whenever. But just remember she's a Ravenclaw so go easy. She's weak." Daphne whispered quietly.

I yanked my arms out of Theo and Blaise's grasps and rolled my shoulders back. "Y'know, Chang. For a Ravenclaw, you sure are stupid." I spat. "Give me eight this time." I said quickly to Daphne before reaching over and pulling Chang towards me.

I punched her once in the jaw, and that's all it took for me to black out.

Two hits.

Three hits.

A stomp.

Hand around her hair.

Smacked her head against the floor.

The next thing I know, there are six people trying to pry me off. I know who five are, but the sixth is unknown. It takes them a few minutes, but I'm finally pried off of Chang's limp, unconscious body.

It takes a few seconds to snap back to reality. I look around and notice that Jack stood in front of me with both hands pushing against my left shoulder, Malfoy, much to my surprise, doing the same to my right, Astoria and Daphne grabbed onto my legs and Theo and Blaise held my arms. Professor Snape was attending to Chang. Everyone in the hallway stood there dumbfounded and in shock.

"Let go." I muttered lowly. Quiet enough that only the people holding me could hear. Everyone let go except for Jack. He looked at the others with a confused look. "Are you sure that's a good idea?" he asked them.

"Last time we didn't let go, she slapped us." Blaise said, referring to him and Theo. Jack quickly let go of me and stood beside me.

I sighed and waved my hand back and forth in the air to ease the pain in my knuckles. "Daphne." I called, not bothering to look away from Chang's limp body. I heard Daphne walk up next to me.

"Punched her 9 times, kicked her 4 times, stomped on her 6 times, bashed her head into the ground 3 times and then strangled her for a while." she concluded.

"Why didn't you stop me after I punched her?" I asked through deep breaths, trying to catch my breath and calm myself down. "Jack tried getting you, it didn't work. Blaise then joined, also didn't work. Theo then hopped in, also failed. Malfoy came over and tried, failed. Astoria and I helped them, that barely helped. Snape eventually arrived and pulled Chang away." she explained. I nodded and then waited for Snape to get done with Chang to tell me my punishment.