task 3

a/n: i cried while writing this, i apologize in advance😃🤚🏽

The day before the third task, Cedric and I decided to go sit next to the Black Lake. We sat underneath a willow tree that overlooked the vast body of water.

"Let's carve our initials into the tree." Cedric suggested. Without hesitation, I pulled out my pocket knife and flicked it once, allowing the sharp blade to flick out.

"I'm not going to ask why you have that or how you're so good at handling it." he said, staring down at the blade. I sent him an innocent smile and a wink.

"I have an entire collection." I said.

"I'm not surprised."

We laughed and turned around to face the tree. "You first." I said, handing him the pocket knife.

He carved a simple C.D. into the bark of the tree before handing it back to me. I carved C.M. under his and flicked the knife back closed. I placed it in my pocket and sighed as I rested my head on his arm.

"Are you nervous?" I blurted.

"Without a doubt."

Silence.

"Just- try to make it back to me in one piece, alright Diggory? Because if you don't, I'm going to be so royally pissed at you. If you get hurt I'll never forgive you." I warned.

He placed his hand on mine before rubbing circles on it. "I promise."

"I really do hate you. You just waltzed into my life because I'm troubled and I was supposed to hate you because you're a Hufflepuff but then you turned into a big brother to me and now I hate you for that. I hate you Cedric Diggory." I ranted, hoping he got the message underneath. Praying he got it, because I couldn't say it.

He sighed and wrapped his arm around my shoulder, allowing me lay my head on his chest. "I love you, too, Cynthia." he said. I smiled to myself; he understood.

-

The day of the task, I hurried up and got dressed while Cedric waited in the common room for me, Astoria and Daphne. I wore a dark green sweater with black jeans and white doc martens.

 I wore a dark green sweater with black jeans and white doc martens

-

Cedric sat with me at the Slytherin table. When he handed me his scarf, I sniffed it and smiled at it. "Why'd you sniff it?" he asked, popping a grape into his mouth.

"It smells nice."

He brought his wand out of his jumper and grabbed the scarf. He rubbed it all over himself dramatically before holding it out in front of him and casting a spell on it. He then handed it back to me, and I gave him a confused look.

"I put a charm on it so that way it'll smell like that forever. Now you can keep it so you'll have something of mine after I graduate. You can wash it, dry it, drop it in mud, anything, and it'll still smell exactly how it does right now. Now it'll smell like me forever!" he explained.