death eaters

a/n: slightly longer chapter!!

Another week had passed, and tomorrow would be the day that Draco and I had to bring the Death Eaters into the castle using the vanishing cabinet. Draco and I were in the Room of Requirement finishing up a last few details.

"Where are you going after the Death Eaters come?" Draco asked, still working on the cabinet. The sleeves of his white button up were rolled up slightly, and he was sitting on a small stool working on the cabinet. He looked ethereal, per usual.

"I'm going to go back to the manor. You?" I responded, still gawking at his appearance from behind him, sitting on a sofa.

"After I complete my task, I'll be going back to my manor with Bella." he replied.

It suddenly hit me that Draco would have to assassinate Dumbledore tomorrow, which would explain why he's been so on edge lately.

"I could help you, you know. With your task." I offered, glancing back down at the book in my hands. He froze, but didn't turn around to look at me.

"And why would you need to do that?" he questioned.

"I don't know, I just don't want you to feel... alone in this." I reprimanded quietly. He turned around and shot me a cold glare. "I don't need your help. Plus, you need to make it out of the castle safely."

I rolled my eyes and crossed my arms in defiance. "I'm not a child, Malfoy." I snapped, giving him a bored look. There was absolutely no way in hell I was going to let him treat me like some fragile little child. Children are gross and weak. "Also, I never said you needed my help, I was simply offering my assistance." I added.

He rolled his tongue over the inside of his cheek and turned around to face me completely. "I don't need your bloody assistance. I need you to leave the castle and go back to Morningstar Manor."

I snapped my book closed and tossed it to the side, leaning forward towards him to stare him in the eyes. "If you would be so kind to fuck off and stop worrying about me, that would be phenomenal." I hissed, standing up and crossing my arms again.

He stood up, towering over me, and raised one of his eyebrows. "Morningstar, so help me Merlin, if you don't stop being a stubborn bitch for two fucking seconds, I'll drag you back to your manor my damn self!" he proclaimed, raising his voice towards the end.

"Who the hell are you yelling at? Don't you dare raise your voice at me, Malfoy. I am not a bloody child! Fucks sake!" I shouted, growing more aggravated every second.

"Oh you're not a child? Could've fooled me!" he bellowed, shoving his clenched fists into his pocket.

I felt my nostrils flare as I stared him down, letting the flames of my anger engulf me completely. "I understand that you're stressed about your task, but that gives you absolutely no right to sit here and shout at me. I didn't do anything! All I did was offer you my help, but no, you just had to go and treat me like I'm some helpless child, who can't take care of herself. I will not argue with you about this, Malfoy. I will do whatever I see fit in the situation, and if you don't like it, too bad. Because I don't give a fuck!" I snarled.

He let out a manic laugh, tilting his head back and rubbing his hands together slowly. "You don't know a damn thing about how stressed I am. Don't even fucking try to sit here and tell me how to cope with my stress, because when you're stressed, you sleep for two weeks straight and shut everyone out. At least my coping methods are healthy!" he exclaimed, walking towards me slowly.

"Pushing me away isn't a healthy coping method you ignorant git. My coping methods are perfectly healthy, thank you very much! I don't even know why you're making this out to be such a big deal! I'm a Death Eater, too, you know. You aren't the only one who has the damn mark on your arm." I hissed, stepping towards him.