half-blood prince

"Mum, you're going to kill me if you squeeze me any tighter." I croak out. My mother gasps before she releases me from her embrace and smiles sheepishly. "My apologies." she mumbles.

"I'm going to miss you so much, Cynthia. Owl me any time you get the chance. Don't forget to charm your arm if you're wearing short sleeves, which is unlikely, but still." she adds quietly.

"I know, mum. I'll miss you too." I reply with a smile. I kiss her on the cheek before gripping my briefcase tighter and walking onto the train.

I walk down the aisle and take a seat in an empty booth at the back of the train after putting my briefcase in the over head carrier.

I'm soon joined by Daphne and Blaise, which is highly unexpected. "What are you two doing back here?" I question as the sit across from me.

"We decided to let Luna, Jack, Theo and Astoria have the old compartment this time." Daphne explains; I nod in response.

Malfoy then walks in and looks around for a booth. Once his eyes met mine, he walks over towards us. He places his briefcase in the over head compartment before taking a seat next to me.

Before he gets a chance to say anything, Parkinson's voice fills the air. "Drakey!" she exclaims.

My blood boils as she takes a seat next to Blaise, across from Malfoy. "What do you want, Parkinson?" I snap.

Her gaze turns to me, and she sneers in disgust. "It's you." she seethes.

"No fucking shite it's me. What do you want?" I repeat harshly.

"For you to have never been born. You?" she replies in a fake sweet tone.

"For you to off yourself." I growl with clenched fists. Malfoy places a cold hand over my left fist, immediately calming me down. Parkinson's eyes flicker down to our hands and then back to Malfoy.

"Are you two like a thing, or something?" she asks worriedly.

"No, I'm just keeping her from bashing your face in. You're welcome." he says before turning his attention away from her.

"Get lost before I reach across this damn table and snap your sodding neck." I threaten. Parkinson scoffs but gets up and leaves anyways.

"So, I take it your anger issues haven't gotten any better?" Blaise jokes.

"Worse." I mumble.

"Can I see your tattoo?" he blurts.

I roll my right sleeve up above my elbow to show him the entire tattoo. Daphne and Blaise gasped in awe. "That's beautiful." Daphne murmurs.

"Wicked, C." Blaise chimes.

"Thanks." I say before pulling my sleeve down.

Malfoy, Blaise and Daphne all talk about how Malfoy said something about pitching himself off of the Astronomy Tower while I zone out, looking out of the window.

The entire back half of the train engulfs in black smoke, making everything impossible to see. "Who the hell did that?" I bellowed, waving my hand in front of my face in an attempt to clear out some of the smoke.

Someone bumps into me and I stumble over and collide into someone else. Once I get a whiff of expensive cologne and mint, I know Malfoy's the person whose hands are gripped tightly around my arms.

The black smoke disappears after a few moments and we all reluctantly sit back down. I glance over to see Malfoy looking up at the over head carrier, and I glance up to see both of our briefcases move.