sectumsempra

Another week had passed, and I was sitting in the Great Hall with Daphne and Blaise, waiting for Draco. We found out that Katie Bell was alive and kicking, and I could practically see the relief beaming off of Draco.

I looked around the Great Hall anxiously, waiting for Draco to arrive. My gaze fell on Saint Potter, and I saw him getting up and walking away from his seat. My heart dropped when I saw him stand in front of Katie Bell and spark up a conversation with her.

As she's talking, she looks behind Potter and she immediately freezes. Potter turned around and his expression grew angry, causing me to follow his gaze. My eyes land on Draco, who looks immensely anxious - and guilty.

He tugs at his tie, loosening it, before turning around and quickly walking out of the Great Hall. Potter follows behind him, and I instinctively shoot up out of my seat to follow him.

I lose Potter after a while, and I look down a few corridors. When I see water flooding a corridor, I pull my wand out of my robes and sprint towards the source of the water.

I come to a halt when I see water coming out of the boy's bathroom, but cautiously yet swiftly make my way inside.

"Sectumsempra!" I heard Potter exclaim.

I sprinted over to the sound of his voice and stopped dead in my tracks when I saw him standing over Draco's body. Blood was soaking through his shirt and he was spluttering loudly, gasping for air.

I shoved Potter out of the way and collapsed by Draco's side, using my hands to try and stop the bleeding. "Draco! Come on please wake up. Don't leave me! You can't leave me! Draco, I need you, please wake up." I mumbled into his ear as I gripped tightly to his button up shirt.

I don't know when it started, but tears fill my eyes and roll down my cheeks. He can't leave me. I need him. He has to wake up.

Someone pulled me away from Draco's body and I realized that I was screaming, ignoring the pain it was causing my throat and chest. I was sobbing over Draco's bleeding body.

I see Snape wave his wand, and the blood from his shirt seeps back into his body, along with the blood mixed with the water on the floor.

Snape orders Potter to Dumbledore's office before turning to me. "I'll take care of this, you need to leave."

I shake my head rapidly and wipe the tears off of my face. "I'm not leaving his side."

"Cynthia, you need to-"

"No!" I shout, cutting him off. "I'm not leaving his side. End of discussion." I repeat.

I sat next to Draco's cot as he slept soundly in the infirmary. Pomfrey gave him a few potions and casted a couple spells; she said he's going to have a scar.

I held onto his hand with both of mine as I rested my head on his lap. I wasn't exactly sure how long we had been in here, but I didn't care. I was not going to leave his side; I didn't care how long I had to wait.

"Rora." I heard his voice whisper once, and that was all it took for me to snap my head up and look at him.

"You're awake." I said with a tired smile. "How are you feeling?"

He rolled his eyes, "Like I need to punch a certain Scarhead in the face." he said.

"Are you in any pain?" I asked, looking at his bandage-covered chest.

"A little, but it's not too bad." he said quietly.

He then moved over and patted the space next to him. "Lay with me?"

I nodded and he lifted the blanket up, opening it enough for me to slip inside. I slowly placed myself next to him and lifted my head up as he sat his arm underneath it before putting the blanket back down around me. He took his other arm and used his hand to rub soothing circles on my hand that's placed on his chest.

The image of his body flickered in my mind, and a tear rolled down my cheek at the scene. He gave me a confused look and wiped the tear away with his thumb. "What's wrong?" he asked, studying my face.

I released a shaky breath and sniffled quietly. "I thought I lost you." I mumbled against is perfect alabaster skin.

Draco POV

"I thought I lost you." she mumbled, running her thumb back and forth over my chest.

"I thought I lost you, and- and I can't do that. I can't lose you." she added.

I placed a reassuring kiss on her head and sighed quietly. "You'll never lose me. I promise."

She looked up at me and shook her head, another stray tear rolling down her cheek. "Cedric promised, too." she whispered, her voice wavering slightly.

I didn't respond, not knowing what to say. She placed her head back down on my chest, and I frowned at the sight of her looking so upset - so hurt.

She had lost two people that she cared about deeply, and now she's convinced herself that anyone she cares about will leave or die. Rora's possibly the strongest person I know. She shows that she cares for people in her own way, without even realizing it.

Ever since we got together, she's slowly knocked down her wall around me, and I'm beyond grateful for that. That wall that she spent years building up, is breaking down, withering into dust, ash and rubble - into nothing.

I hated seeing her so upset. It was like sea salt to an opened wound. I never wanted to put her through this kind of pain; be the reason behind her tears. She had never cried often, I'd only seen her cry twice; when her father died and when Diggory died.

I was completely aware the Cynthia was broken, my Rora was broken. Every time we lied down together or even just hugged, I caught myself holding onto her tightly, as if I'm trying to hold the pieces together. Whether it was that or a way of just holding her closer to me, I'd never know.

She was so elegantly broken, however. It was like the sun beaming down on a field of shattered glass, beautifully broken. Everything she did is filled with grace; pulchritudinous, even crying. Every single thing she did was done in a sophisticated and sumptuous manner.

Everything she did just lured me in more. The way her right eyebrow raised slightly higher than her left when she smiled. The way she ran her tongue over her teeth when she got full on infuriated or aggravated. The way her nose twitched slightly sometimes in her sleep. Even the way she cried, and her tears rolled down her lustrous freckled skin in a beauteous stream.

And as I sat there, holding her, watching her chest rise and fall slowly, I realized it - it hit me like a wave. I don't know when it happened, or what caused it, but I had fallen unconditionally, and unequivocally in love with Cynthia Morningstar, and everything that comes along with her.