detention

A few weeks had passed, and I was now walking into DADA. Malfoy and I ended up having every class together, but we hadn't said more than two words to each other since we arrived back at Hogwarts.

I sat in my usual seat at the back of the class and began to write in my therapy journal. I had a session this week and I forgot to write about my day yesterday, so I was scribbling about yesterday's uneventful day before class started.

I hadn't noticed that class had already started until Umbridge called my name. "Ms. Morningstar?"

I snapped my book closed and looked up, trying to hide the anger on my face. "You look so much like your father." she said, looking at my face in awe.

I ignored everyone's eyes on me and cleared my throat. "Did you need something?" I asked, ignoring her comment.

"What were you writing?" she asked, gesturing to my journal.

"Nothing."

"What were you writing, Cynthia?" she asked more sternly this time.

"None of your business." I snapped.

"Tell me what you were writing this instant!" she exclaimed as she stomped her foot. I lost it. I shot up out of my seat and stood there, staring at her.

"I was writing in this damn journal about my dead father and dead mate, if you must know. And quite frankly, I don't believe that whatever the fuck I write about is any of your damn business. So how about you shut your bloody mouth, or I'll get my mother up here to kick your arse!" I shout. I then storm up to her and point my finger in her ugly toad face.

"Because I don't know who you THINK you're dealing with, but I can assure you; you do NOT want to piss me off. You might be crazy, but I'm fucking psychotic. So I dare you to try and pull a stunt on me. Because unlike everyone else in this damn room, I'm not afraid to ruin your life." I continued.

My chest was heaving and it took everything in me to not knock her short, stubby arse out. I clenched my fists at my side and stormed over to pick my bag up. I slung it over my shoulder and looked back up at her; she was standing there, angry.

"Anything else?" I ask innocently.

"Detention. Seven o'clock." she orders with a huff.

I scoff before storming over to the door and opening it. Before I walk out, I glance to the side, giving her a view of the left side of my face. "Fuck you and your bloody detention."

-

Later that day, I skipped class to go to the library. As I'm walking down the empty corridor, a large hand grabs my wrist and pulls me into an empty classroom. I don't even flinch, I already know it's Malfoy. He's the only one dumb enough to do that.

"What the fuck are you doing?" he hissed as he closed the door behind us. I furrow my brows and cross my arms.

"What am I doing? What are you doing? You're the one who dragged me into an empty classroom you daft bimbo!" I replied.

"Detention with Umbridge? Are you thick?" he clarified. I scoffed and ran my fingers through my hair.

"Mind your business, Malfoy. Stay out of my way, or you'll quickly regret poking around my business in the first place." I warned.

"You need to get your head out of your arse for two sodding seconds. I get that you're upset about Cedric's passing, but that doesn't mean you have to go destroying everything in sight and being a bitch to everyone!" he snarled.

"Oh sod off, Malfoy. Go stick your dick in Parkinson and stay the hell away from me you annoying twat." I growled before pushing past him and leaving the classroom.

-

At 6:30, I head to Umbridge's office for detention. I walk quietly down the vacant corridor until I finally reach her office. I knock twice and wait for her annoyingly high pitched voice to beckon me to come inside.

I opened the door and immediately grimaced at her office. The walls were covered in pictures of cats, that were quietly meowing and purring, and the walls were pink.

I stepped inside of the office and slammed the door behind me, causing her to jump in her seat and look up. "Ms. Morningstar. Hello." she said with a tight lipped smile.

I gave her a blank and bored look, not responding. "Please, have a seat." she continued, gesturing to an empty desk. I walk over to the desk and sit down, clasping my hands together on top of it.

"Please pick up the quill on your desk and write the phrase 'I will not yell at my Professors'." she instructed.

"I don't have any ink."

"You won't need any, dear. That's a special quill." she said in a chirpy tone.

"How many times?" I questioned.

"Until it... sinks in." she replied vaguely.

"Well that is very helpful, thank you, Umbridge." I said sarcastically.

I sigh and start writing down the sentence repeatedly. After a while, the back of my hand starts to burn. I ignore it and continue writing, wanting to get out of this room.

About an hour of writing later, I feel something on my hand. I look down and see the words on page scratched into the back of my hand. Blood runs down my hand and I look up at Umbridge through hooded eyes.

"It sunk in." I growled.

"You may leave, then." she replied. I quickly snatch my bag up and storm out of her office, speed walking down the empty corridor.

-

When I arrived at the stone entrance, I mutter the password and wait for it to open before storming in. I was about to storm up the stairs when I felt a hand wrap around my wrist and pull me back.

I wince at the contact and yank my hand back quickly. "What was that for?" I queried.

"I felt the pain on my hand." Malfoy explained.

I scoffed. "So?"

"Are you going to tell your mother?" he interrogated.

"For the last time; mind your business." I quarreled before turning around and going up to my dorm.