christmas

We all sat in the compartment on the train, conversing about our Holiday plans. I sat between Jack and Cedric, with Daphne, Blaise, Astoria and Theo across from us.

"Do you guys think they'll catch Sirius Black before Christmas?" Astoria asked as she looked out of the window. I shrugged my shoulders, not caring enough to reply. "Reckon he's out of the country by now." Blaise responded.

We all sat in silence for a few moments before a wave of tiredness hit me like a knight bus. "I'm gonna take a nap. If you need me, need someone else. I'm tired." I growled. I closed my eyes and leaned my head back before falling asleep.

-

When I woke up, we were just arriving at Kings Cross Station. I tiredly stood up and stretched before reaching for my minimized trunk. When the train came to a stop, we all exited the compartment.

I stood on the platform and looked around for either of my parents. Fate was on my side today, because my father stood alone next to a stone pillar. I turned to the group and said my goodbyes before walking over to my father.

"Hello, sweetheart." he said with a soft smile. "Hello, father." I said back. He took my trunk from my hand and held his arm out for me to hold. I grabbed on and closed my eyes before we apparated away.

-

We arrived at the large gates of the manor. They had the signature 'M' crescent on them for 'Morningstar'.

We walked up the long, stone pathway from the apparation point

We walked up the long, stone pathway from the apparation point. When we reached the large black door, I grasped my hand around the knob, twisted and push the door.

I was met by the all too familiar smell of my home and the crisp cold air when I stepped into the foyer. There was a large 20 ft Christmas tree, decorated in green and silver ornaments. The entire foyer was decorated in green and silver, and there was even garland twisted around the rails of the two large staircases that lead up to the second level of the house.

"You go get unpacked, then meet us in the dining room for dinner." my father said as he turned to me. I gave him a nod and took my trunk from him before going to the third level of the house and going straight to my bedroom.

-

After unpacking, I did what my father told me to do and went back down to the first level of the house to go to the dining room.

When I arrived, my father was sat at one end of the table, my mother sat at the other end. I walked over to the side of the table facing the large window and sat directly between them.

After a few moments of silence, my mother cleared her throat. "I'll be leaving on business tonight after dinner. Cynthia, please come see me in my study tomorrow around five o'clock." she announced.

Any time I've been to her study, the outcome was never positive. I gulped and nodded slightly. "Yes, mother." I said quietly. I prayed to Merlin himself that she didn't hear the slight irritation in my voice.

-

We waited for a few more minutes before the house elves served us. We had steak, baked potatoes, green beans and vegetable soup.

"How are your classes?" my father blurted as he sat his glass of wine back down on the table. I swallowed a spoonful of vegetable soup before replying.

"They're alright. They're not very challenging, though." I reprimanded. My father nodded and sent me a small smile. A loud sigh erupted from my mother, and my father and I both turned to her to see that she was standing up.

"Alright, I'll be going now. Cynthia, don't forget about our meeting in my study." she said as she walked towards the entrance of the dining room. I gave her a nod before she turned the corner.

My father and I sat in silence until we heard the loud snap of apparation outside of the manor.

"Alright. How's therapy?" he asked eagerly. I smiled and began to tell him about my experience, leaving out the details that involved him and my mother.

-

After dinner, I trudged tiredly back up to my room. As I walked down the long corridor, I observed the walls. There was a large family portrait hanging on one of the dark walls. I stood there and stared at it, as it stared back at me; taunting me.

A picture perfect family. I scoffed at the thought. If only people knew that good looks and wealth did not mean happiness. My mother's vibrant skin and perfectly hollowed out face. Her cheekbones that stuck out slightly; beautifully. My father's slightly darker skin. His strong jawline, chiseled and perfectly defined face.

My parents were beautiful; no questions asked. My mother received compliments any and every where she went. My father, the same. I wasn't necessarily bad looking, my features just hadn't fully developed yet.

I snapped out of my own thoughts and continued down the corridor towards my bedroom. I pulled opened the large black double doors and stepped in before closing my door and locking it.

I changed into a large sweater and black athletic shorts before crawling into my way too large four poster bed. After pulling the heavy duvet over my small body, I closed my eyes and immediately fell asleep.