vanishing cabinet

I slam the door to my dorm behind me before trudging downstairs. The incident with Jordan from last night pissed me off, and I still haven't calmed down. When I reach the common room, Malfoy, Daphne and Blaise are waiting for me.

"Good morning, sunshine." Blaise mocks as he takes in my raged appearance. "Piss off." I snap.

Blaise puts his hands up in surrender before we leave the common room and head to the Great Hall.

As soon as we sit down, Snape hands us our timetables.

Monday's & Wednesday's
Double Potions
Transfiguration
Charms
Tuesday's & Thursday's
Arithmancy
Herbology
History of Magic
DADA
Friday's
Ancient Runes
Astronomy

After reading over my timetable, I scoff. I'd probably barely have time to do anything this year, going to classes included, because of my task. Maybe I'll pay a first year to send the killing curse my way. Ha.

"Double Potions first?" Daphne chimes; Malfoy, Blaise and I all raise our hands slightly. Daphne nods before turning to her plate of eggs.

I take a bite of bacon and wash it down with orange juice. A yawn escapes my lips and I suddenly regret getting so used to sleeping all day every day. This year is going to be the death of me.

We all make our way to Double Potions together and sit down at a table. I sigh as I run my hand through my hair, wanting to be anywhere but here.

"Good morning, class. I am Professor Slughorn, and I will be your professor for Double Potions. Please grab a textbook off of the shelf behind you." he says, gesturing behind us.

"I'll get yours, Cyn." Daphne says as she walks by, patting my shoulder in the process. She comes back a moment later and sits the book on my desk, and I nod my head once, silently thanking her.

Slughorn was about to speak again, but he was cut off by the doors bursting opened. We all turned around to see Weasel and Potter standing in the doorway, chests heaving. I scoff and divert my attention elsewhere.

Slughord had told us to brew up a thing of Draught of Living Death, and I made it without looking at my book; I did that last year with mother.

I'm now sitting in my seat, staring into space through hooded eyes, completely uninterested in the class. I then remember that I have to go see the Vanishing Cabinet after classes today, and my mood somehow manages to get worse.

"You alright?" Malfoy asks with furrowed brows. I glance up at him and sigh, giving him a tired smile and a thumbs up.

"Do you want to go to the library after classes today? That usually helps when you're in a bad mood- reading." he suggests.

"I can't today, I have stuff to do after class. Maybe tomorrow?" I ask.

"I can't tomorrow." he mumbles guiltily.

"It's fine, we'll figure it out." I assure him with a half smile. He nods in response.

After charms, I say goodbye to the three and look around for this damn Room of Requirement. I get to the seventh floor and see a large empty space of just stone.

I walk past the blank wall three times, and look at it with an expectant look. Eventually, a door starts to appear on the wall. I look left and right, making sure no ones around, before carefully opening the door and slipping inside.

I close the door behind me and look around at my surroundings. This place is an absolute mess. It's filled to the brim with trunks, furniture, jewelry, brooms, books, etc. You name it, it's more than likely in this room.

I walk further into the room, looking for the cabinet. My mother took me to Borgin and Burkes one day to see it's twin so I would know what to look out for.

After a few minutes, I come across a white sheet covering something. I tug on the white sheet and pull it off, and sure enough, it's the Vanishing Cabinet.

I use my wand to test it for dark magic, not wanting to get cursed or anything. Once I'm sure that there are no traces of dark magic, I open the cabinet and look inside.

It's made of dark, smooth wood, and from the looks of it, there's nothing wrong. I figure that The Dark Lord wants me to repair its magic instead of the cabinet itself.

I pull the white sheet back over the Vanishing Cabinet, feeling sick just by looking at it. I exit the Room of Requirement and go back to the dungeons to sleep.

When I get to the common room, I whisper the password 'pureblood' and tiredly walk up to my dorm. I close my door behind me, locking it just in case, before changing into sweatpants and a sweatshirt and going to sleep.

Draco POV

After Tuesday's classes, I say goodbye to Morningstar, Blaise and Daphne before walking to the Room of Requirement.

I don't plan on doing any actual work on it today, just looking at it to get a better feel of whatever the hell it is that I'm doing. The Dark Lord said that another student would be working on it too, we would alternate days, so hopefully I wouldn't have to work too hard.

After I observe the Vanishing Cabinet to see what I'm dealing with, I sigh and run a hand through my hair before leaving the Room of Requirement. It was late whenever I got back to the common room, so I expected it to be empty.

When I enter the common room, I scan the room and my eyes fall on Morningstar, who didn't notice I was there. I walk over to the sofa she's sitting on and plop down beside her.

"Where have you been?" she asks, not looking up from the pages of her book that's sitting in her lap.

"I had a few things to do." I lie.

"Are you feeling any better from the other day?" I ask, changing the subject. She sighs and runs her hand over her face tiredly.

"No. I want to go home." she replies lowly.

"I'm going to go to bed. See you tomorrow?" she says as she stands up.

"Yeah." I reply with a small smile. She nods before turning around and going to her dorm.

I let out a loud sigh and stand up, deciding to try and get some sleep tonight. I haven't had a good nights sleep since I got my task. I usually wake up in the middle of the night from a nightmare or I don't sleep at all because my brain is constantly running, and I'm suddenly extremely grateful that I have my own dorm this year.

When I get to my room, I throw on a pair of sweatpants and take my shirt off before getting into bed and going to sleep.