suspicious

I sat in the library with Cedric instead of us going to the Great Hall. I wasn't particularly hungry, and I wanted to read, so Cedric insisted that he come with me. It's not like he really had a choice.

I sat at one end of the table while he sat a few chairs down from me, giving me my space. I was currently reading about dark magic when someone hit the table with their fist. I looked over at Cedric, and when I followed his gaze, he was staring at Malfoy, who was staring at me.

His eyes were cold and hard; he was aggravated. I closed my book with a sigh and turned to Cedric, who was looking at Malfoy with a worried look. "Hufflepuff, could you give us a moment?" I asked quietly.

Cedric hesitated before standing up. "If you need help, just yell." he warned. "I will." I replied. "I was talking to Malfoy." he said dully before walking off and taking a seat two tables down from us.

"What do you want?" I whisper shouted. This albino rat was really starting to piss me off. "Why was there a bruise on your face?" he hissed back. My angry expression faulted for a moment, confused as to why he was so interested in knowing why.

"Why does it matter?" I spat, clearly aggravated. Malfoy looked down to my neck and brought his face closer, too close. His cold, minty breath fanned across the front of my neck and the top of my chest, giving me goosebumps and sending sparks up my spine.

He squinted his eyes while staring at my neck. I didn't wear a turtleneck today, because the redness had gone down on the gashes and now they were just tiny scars. They weren't very noticeable, so I wasn't too worried.

He brought his head back and stood silent for a second, pondering, thinking; putting certain pieces together. His eyes got wide and he snapped his attention back to me.

"The day on the train when I barely touched you and you shrieked. The bruise on your face. The barely-there scars on your neck. Your mother, I assume?" he concluded.

I stated him in the eyes, trying my absolute hardest not to show emotion. This said emotion being anger. I had to act indifferent. I looked down at my book, trying to ignore him so he would go away.

What he said next sent shivers all throughout my body, and my heart stuttered.

"There are two types of people. One is always happy, the other always sad. Both are weak, so you shall be neither. You show no emotion, ever. No matter the situation. If you do, then you shall face the consequences." he said slowly.

He repeated the exact same words my mother told me.

I slowly turned my head up to meet his burning gaze. Amusement and triumph flickered in his eyes, sending waves of rage throughout my body.

"What did you just say?" I mumbled slowly through gritted teeth. My jaw was clenched so tightly that I honestly believed it was going to snap.

He sent me that evil, snide, annoying, arrogant, bloody grin of his and cocked his brows. "Have a nice night, Morningstar." he said coldly before turning around and exiting the library.

Cedric walked back up to me and tried to get my attention, but I was staring at the empty space that had previously held a very annoying, very fucking stupid, Draco Malfoy.

-

After I had calmed down and read a few pages of my book, Cedric informed me that everyone would be sleeping in the Great Hall because apparently Sirius Black had been seen inside the castle.

I wrote about my bloody day in my putrid journal in the library; for the simple reason that I didn't want anyone to see me writing in it.

After I was done, Cedric and I made our way to the Great Hall. When we reached the entrance, I saw Daphne and Blaise waiting for me. "About time you arrived, bloody hell." Blaise mumbled. I scoffed and made a mental note to hit him upside the head when Cedric wasn't around.

Cedric walked over to the Hufflepuff section, while I followed Daphne and Blaise. My sleeping bag was placed between Daphne's and Astoria's.

I transfigured my uniform into grey sweatpants and a black t-shirt before crawling into my sleeping bag and going to sleep.