battle of hogwarts pt 3

Cynthia POV

I fought off another pair of Death Eaters with Daphne and Blaise as Theo, Astoria, Jack and Luna all fought off another pair. I brought my hand up and wiped my forehead with the back of it, blood, dirt and grime covering my skin and clothes.

Someone grabbed my arm, and I turned to punch them, but they grabbed my fist before it reached their face. "I was gone for thirty minutes and you already fell out of love?" Draco questioned. I sighed in relief and gave him a quick kiss before looking behind me. When I turned back, I noticed Beth standing next to him.

"Beth? What're you doing here?" I questioned, tilting my head. "Draco found me in the corridor and offered to bring me to you." she explained vaguely. I nodded and turned back to Draco. "She killed Lucius." he stated casually. I gasped in shock; I never saw Beth as the type to hurt another person. "I killed Rodolphus." he added. That hit me like the Killing Curse.

"I- You did what?" I stammered, staring at him wide eyed. "We'll talk about it later." he said with a tight lipped smile before kissing my cheek. "Cyn, everyone's going outside." Daphne said as the lot walked up to me.

I nodded and we all walked outside to see Voldemort and Potter standing in the middle, wands drawn. I looked around and found my mother standing with Cissy next to McGonagall and a red headed woman. Possibly a Weasley.

The mention of Draco's name dragged my attention back to whatever the hell it was that Potter and Voldemort were speaking about. "Don't you see, Riddle? Snape wasn't the owner of the Elder Wand. Draco Malfoy was the one that disarmed Dumbledore, Snape just killed him, he didn't disarm him. Draco Malfoy was the owner of the Elder Wand." I felt Draco tense up beside me and I locked my pinky with his to ease his nerves.

"Then after I kill you, I'll kill Draco Malfoy." Voldemort said, turning and looking at Draco and me.

"Touch him with your disgusting little fingers and see how quick I kill you myself." I snapped, sending him a cold glare. He raised his non-existent eyebrows and turned back towards Potter.

"Don't you understand, Riddle? I disarmed Draco Malfoy at Malfoy Manor. The Elder Wand may work for you now, but it will start to disobey you. I am the owner of the Elder Wand." Potter concluded.

"Very well." Voldemort said thoughtfully.

He brought his wand up, as did Potter, and they flicked their wands towards each other at the same time. "Avada Kedavara!" "Expelliarmus!"

Voldemort dropped to his knees, turned into dust, and then disintegrated into thin air, like sand on a beach. Everyone stood there, silent. Staring at Harry Potter, who just killed Voldemort with a disarming spell. Granger, Weasel and Weaslette all sprinted over towards him, and every thing started back up, as if they had hit a play button.

I turned to Draco to see him smiling down at me. "We won." I muttered, blinking in shock. "We won." he repeated, smiling even bigger. I smiled and wrapped my arms around his neck, pulling him into a passionate kiss. His hands found my waist as he kissed me back, his lips soft against mine. His lips always fit mine perfectly, like a missing piece to a puzzle.

We pulled away and stared into each other's eyes, blocking out all of the other commotion. He made it out safe and alive, and so did my mum. They made it out alive. I made it out alive. My mates made it out alive. Time to face my biggest, and only, fear.

-

After congratulating Potter, Draco and I walked back over to my mum and Cissy. Draco told Cissy that Lucius didn't make it, and she cried on my mum's shoulder; like my mum did when my father died.

Daphne's and Astoria's parents both died, so my mum insisted on them moving into the Manor. Theo and Jack were disowned for fighting against their parents, so my mum also offered to let them move it. Beth said she would help Cissy and mum over the deaths of their husbands, and her dorm got destroyed in Hogwarts, so mum offered her a room, too. Blaise and Luna just wanted to be with Daphne and Jack, and they were both of age, so they're moving in, too.

We said goodbye to Potter and the others before all deciding to go back to the Manor. Mum, Cissy, Draco, Daphne, Astoria, Blaise, Theo, Jack, Beth and I all apparated away to Morningstar Manor.

-

When we got inside the foyer, mum said she would show everyone to their rooms so I could sleep. I kissed her cheek before dragging Draco upstairs with me to our room.

We took a quick shower together, washing our hair and scrubbing the dirt, blood and grime off of our bodies. When we got out, he changed into a pair of sweatpants and I changed into one of his shirts and a pair of his boxers before we both climbed into bed next to each other.

We wrapped his arms around my body and kissed my head, playing with my hair as I closed my eyes and let the exhaustion of the past several hours take over.

-

My eyes fluttered opened and I blinked away the last few traces of sleep. I rubbed my eyes as I sat up, my muscles aching tremendously. I trudged groggily over to the bathroom doors, pushing my messy hair out of my eyes, and pulled them opened.

After brushing my teeth and using the bathroom, I made my way over to my bedroom doors and pulled them opened.

I peered down the corridors and stood there, confused as to why the Manor was so... eerily quiet. I walked down the stairs and made my way over to the kitchen. I pushed the door opened to be met by an empty room. I huffed and walked out of the kitchen, walking to the main dining room.

I pushed the door opened more aggressively this time, extremely irritated. Ten pairs of eyes looked over at me as I stood there in the doorway, my arms crossed over my chest.

I glanced around the table and found an empty seat between Draco and Daphne. Looking back up at everyone, I silently walked over and sat between Draco and Daphne.

"How long have I been in my room?" I asked, grabbing a fried potato off of Draco's plate. "A week and a half." Draco said, handing me his glass of water.

"Anything happen while I was out?" I questioned, looking at my mother as I took a swig of water.

"We got everyone moved in." my mum said with a smile.

"Are you not going to tell her, Kat?" Cissy asked, giving my mum a confused look.

"Tell me what?" I queried, reaching for another potato.

My mother smiled and glanced at Cissy and Draco. "Draco and Cissy will be moving in as well. Cissy doesn't want to live at the Manor anymore, so they'll be living here." she explained.

I gasped, causing a chunk of the potato to get caught in my throat. I spluttered and gasped for air as Draco laughed at me and patted my back. After I could breathe again, I looked over at Draco. "Is she joking?" I asked. He shook his head.

I smiled and held my hand out in a "U" shape, and Draco immediately placed his head in my hand so I could kiss him. I kissed him slowly before pulling away and continuing to eat off of his plate.

"Cynthia?" Beth called from across from me. I hummed in response. "If I remember correctly, you said that you would rather be caught dead than be caught fancying Draco Malfoy." she recalled. I stopped chewing and glanced up at her before slowly turning my head towards Draco, who was giving me an 'oh really?' look.

I pursed my lips and turned back to Beth. "Things change, I suppose."