day five

Cynthia POV

The past three days have been extremely peaceful. Draco and I spent all of our time either reading, writing, swimming, sleeping or with our mothers. Sometimes, Draco sleeps while I read or vice versa. Other times, Draco reads while I write or paint.

Mine and Draco's relationship is basically just us being best friends with a few more things added to it; and I'm extremely grateful for all of it.

"What's this one?" Draco questioned, pointing to one of my paintings.

We were currently in my gallery, looking at a few of my paintings. Mum was in her study with Cissy, and Draco asked for me to show him a few paintings.

"That's the night sky." I explained shortly, watching him as he walked around and looked at paintings.

"Why do most of your paintings involve weather or nature?" he asked, observing a few more paintings.

"Because those are the things that I find beautiful and underrated." I elaborated.

He hummed in consideration and continued to look around the room. He walked over to the piano and sat down before giving me a look. "Do you play?"

I nodded my head and walked over to sit beside him on the bench. "Yeah. You?"

He gave me a short glance before bringing his hands up to the keys. He played a soft, quiet song, and it instantly brought butterflies to my stomach. I watched as he stared down at the keys and played so elegantly.

After he was done, he turned to me with a casual look. I stared back at him with wide eyes and raised eyebrows; I never knew he could play the piano.

"What? Stop staring." he says, furrowing his brows slightly and crossing his arms.

"I didn't know you could play the piano, dumbarse." I said, slightly shoving him away from me.

"Well, I'm a man of many talents." he said cockily with a grin. I rolled my eyes and stood up, him following shortly behind.

"The only talent you hold is being an annoying git." I mumbled as we left the gallery.

Draco came up beside me as the doors closed behind us and gave me a cocky grin while saying, "Actually, I'm very talented when it comes to making you cu-"

"Don't you dare." I cut him off, warning him as I gave him a death glare. He flashed a triumphant smile and locked his pinky with mine before we head back to my room.

When we got back to my room, we plopped down on my bed and laid there. Draco had his head resting between my legs and I was playing with his hair as he read his book.

I'm tired. I'm completely and utterly exhausted, and all I want to do is sleep.

"Well then why don't you sleep?" Draco asked, still looking down at his book. Somehow, the fact that he can peek into my head and hear my thoughts slipped my mind.

"Because you're here." I replied, gently running my nails across his scalp.

"So?" he questioned, turning his head slightly towards to side, showing me that he's paying attention.

"What would you do if I just binge-slept? You wouldn't have anything to do, Draco." I drawled obviously.

"I'll stay in here with you, Rora. I feel as though if your Hufflepuff Diggory were here, he would make a joke about how he understands why you weren't put in Ravenclaw." he replied with a small grin.

I smile at the thought of Cedric making jokes; Merlin, I miss him. "He would."

Draco sighs and closes his book before turning around and facing me. "Listen, Rora. Just binge-sleep for the next two days because those are our last two days of break. Plus, when we get back to Hogwarts, we'll have to work on the fucking Vanishing Cabinet, so you won't be able to sleep as much. I'll stay by your side while you sleep, and when you wake up, I'll be here." he explained, twisting one of my curls around his fingers.