quidditch world cup

Draco POV

We used the floo system to meet up with the Morningstars. I don't know what in Merlin's name possessed my parents to think this was a good idea, but I decided it was better to just keep my mouth shut.

As I stepped out of the fireplace, I looked around to see that Morningstar wasn't with her parents. I walked further into the foyer, still no sign of the git. I sighed and gave up before retreating back to my parents and hers.

I was fixing the cuff links on my suit when I heard my mother gasp. "Cynthia, you look beautiful!" she exclaimed. I turned around in curiosity to see if my mother was talking about the same Cynthia Morningstar that I knew.

Surely enough, there she stood. She was wearing a white, long sleeve turtleneck with a small spaghetti strap top over it. For bottoms she wore a skin tight black and white plaid skirt, with black, see through pantyhose underneath and black combat boots.

 For bottoms she wore a skin tight black and white plaid skirt, with black, see through pantyhose underneath and black combat boots

It was then that I realized that Morningstar, despite being the most annoying person I've ever met, had... changed over the summer. Her hair was now to her lower back. Her black hair with light brown streaks in it.

Not only did I realize the growth of her hair, but the growth of her hips as well. Her body had formed into a tall hourglass figure and her face became much more defined and thin like her mother's.

I shook my head and clenched my jaw, silently cursing myself for even glancing below her eyes. Disgusting. I turned my attention away from Morningstar and looked somewhere else; anywhere else.

Cynthia POV

As I trudged down the stairs, I focused intently on the sound of my black leather combat boots hitting the marble staircase.

When I arrived downstairs, everyones eyes fell on me. They all stared hard, especially Malfoy. Surely I hadn't changed that much over the summer. I mean I lost some weight, got taller and thinner, my face became more defined, and I discovered makeup.

I wasn't even wearing that much makeup, I never did. I only wear black eyeliner with a slight wing, some black eyeshadow and some lipgloss.

I glanced over at Malfoy, who didn't realize I was staring, because he had now looked away. He was wearing all black again. Looking at his side profile, I realized that his face has also become a lot more chiseled and defined over the summer. His shoulders were more broad and he got taller, a lot taller.

"Cynthia? Are you ready?" my mother asked. I nodded and walked over to my father, who had extended his arm for me to take. "We'll be apparating." my father announced. I grabbed my black leather jacket from one of the house elves and shrugged it on before pulling my hair out from underneath it and linking my arm with my father's.

We walked through the foyer and out of the front double doors before walking to the apparation point. The Malfoy's apparated first.

My father then swished his wand and I clenched my eyes shut as we apparated.

Once I felt my feet hit the ground, I let go of my father's arm and straightened my jacket. I fixed my hair slightly before catching Malfoy's gaze. He was looking down at my thighs, fucking perv. I looked down to see that my skirt had come up slightly, so I grabbed it and pulled it down to where it had originally been. This caused Malfoy to clear his throat and look away.

"Alright, let's get going. Draco and Cynthia, get behind Narcissa and Katherine. Christopher and I will stand behind Draco and Cynthia." Lucius instructed. Malfoy and I walked over to our mothers, and then our fathers stood behind us.

Cissy began walking and as soon as we got to the crowd, it split into two. I wasn't surprised; this happened every time my family went out into public. As we walked, a man stumbled towards me and knocked me into Malfoy. He grabbed my arm and hoisted me back up. We heard a loud grunt and turned around only to see my father stand up and extend his arm then bring it back; fixing his suit, and the man who rammed into me was laying on the ground unconscious.

He brought his hand up and rubbed his thumb over the tip of his nose twice, trying to hide his smirk. I turned back around and kept walking alongside Malfoy. "So that's where you get it from." he mumbled.

"Exactly!" I whisper shouted. "Mother, how come when I do it I get in trouble, but when father does it he doesn't?" I whined. My mother chuckled lowly before responding.

"Because your father has self control. He knows when to stop. You, on the other hand, have a knack for sending students to the hospital wing all mangled." she said. I sighed and ran my fingers through my long hair.

Cissy gave my mother a shocked look and my mother nodded. "Oh, right. Yes. She fights a lot. She has anger issues." my mother mumbled to Cissy. "Do not." I mumbled to myself. "Do too." Malfoy taunted. I nudged him in the ribs with my elbow.

We were walking towards the Minister's Box when we came to a sudden halt. I didn't know what was going on until I heard Lucius say "Well let's put it this way. If it rains, you'll be the first to know." while looking up.

"The Morningstars and Malfoy's were invited to sit in the Minister's Box by Cornelius Fudge himself!" Malfoy boasted.

Lucius tapped Malfoy with his cane before speaking again. "Do not boast, Draco. No need with these people." he said with a grin.

Weasels eyes flickered to me. "And what the bloody hell are you wearing?" he asked. I sighed and flipped my hair over my shoulder.

"Well, I'm wearing some rings, Weasel. Keep talking and I'll come up there and make sure you taste them when my fist is lodged into your pathetic excuse of a face." I spat harshly.

"I'd like to see you try. You look like you're going to a funeral, who died? Unfortunately, the answer obviously isn't 'Cynthia Morningstar', what a shame." he mocked, glaring down at me.

"No one yet, Weasel. However, if you don't shut your bloody trap I'm going to come up there and slit your throat with one of my rings. Then we'll see who's dressed for a funeral, yeah?" I snarled.

I felt my mother's hand on my shoulder and expected her to yell at me, but she was looking up at Weasels father.

"Now, Weasley. I can only hold my daughter off for so long, so if you want to leave here with the same amount of people you came with, I suggest you leave." she warned. Weasel senior put his arms around Weasel and walked away.

I gave my mother a shocked look and she looked at me with a smile and winked. That was... weird. Now that I think about it, she has been more tolerable these past few weeks. It's very strange, I'll admit, but it makes my life easier so I don't care.

"She's quite feisty." Lucius said, looking down at me.

"She gets it from her father." my mother said, her hand still on my shoulder.

"I see nothing but pure excellence." Cissy hummed.

I gave her a small smile and we all walked away, towards the Minister's box.