back home

I'm engulfed in green flames and when I see the familiar curved arch of the tunnel in the Manor I step out. My mother must have heard me come because she was over to me in an instant.

She took in my appearance and held her arms out, and I fell into her. We slipped down slowly to the ground and she held me while I cried.

"H- he's gone t- too! F- first it w- was f- father a- and now C- cedric!" I sobbed into the crook of her neck. She rubbed my back slowly and held on my me tightly, squeezing me against her.

"Let it out, love. It's alright." she cooed as she rubbed my back. I cried some more.

After sitting there for Merlin knows how long, my mother ordered a house elf to take my trunk upstairs. "Why don't you go get some rest?" she suggested softly. I nodded my head before turning around and walking upstairs.

When I got to my room, I stripped down and put on new clothes. I cast a drying charm on Cedric's scarf and brought it to my nose. It still smelled like him.

"Now it'll smell like me forever!"

I clenched my eyes shut tightly.

I curled up under my heavy duvet and held his scarf as I lied there and cried. I was probably going to be doing this for the rest of my summer break. There was only a day left of school, so I didn't care about leaving early.

"I love you, Slytherin git."

No more of my Hufflepuff.

I woke up to a knock at my door. Obviously my mother, my father was dead, he can't knock on my door. "Come in." I groan from under my blanket.

I hear the door open and my mother walk in. "Cynthia, you need to eat." she said softly. "Let me finish my nap first."

"Cynthia, you've been asleep for 16 hours." she reprimanded. "Wake me up when it reaches 24."

She sighs and places something on my nightstand before exiting my room. I turn over and look behind me at the nightstand; there was a green apple.

I roll back over and go to sleep.

'Can you hear me?'

'I wish I couldn't.'

'How are you feeling?'

'Leave me alone. I'm trying to sleep.'

I wake up to the sun beaming down on my face, peeking through my dark blinds. I don't know how long I've been in my room. I know my mother keeps bringing me glasses of water and green apples so I don't die, but I lost count at number eight.

I roll out of bed, still wearing the same outfit I changed into when I first got here, and head downstairs. I glance at myself in the mirror before opening my door. There are dark circles and bags under my eyes, my face is hollow and I look like I just came back from the dead. My hair is frizzy and knotted up in different places.