Chapter 14: SHE WOKE UP!!

Dre'yone's Pov:

The ambulance got here in 5 minutes tops getting them both and the police took us to the hospital where all 3 of us were sitting in the waiting room. "Hi, I know that this may not be a good time but I was hoping to ask you some questions?" the officer asked. I shook my head yes and he started 'What happened before you got there?" I said " me and her were about to cook food cause we were bored and hungry but his home alarm went off bt it was pushed cause when someone tries to break in it makes this loud as- annoying sound so I checked the camera's and saw she pushed it" he nodded writing it down asking me "Are your guns licensed?" i nodded "yes sir me and his and the one she had was mine but I knew she wasn't gonna shoot it unless she absolutely had too.

"What is your relationship towards them?" i answered " He is my brother and not blood we been rocking since I was like 10 maybe younger than that and she is like a little sister to m I_ my voice cracked I couldn't speak and my brain wasn't functioning right and I felt my tears hit my hand the officer put a hand on my shoulder telling me "I understand what you are feeling and I know they will pull through" i nodded and he said "technically you aren't going to jail because you were defending her cause she was out cold and he was continuously hitting her even though his parents  are trying to  press charges against you but I know they won't allow them cause of the duties their son performed" I nodded thanking him as he left.

I remember his badge number "123" I don't even fuck with 12 cause of what I do even if I wasn't selling drugs I still wouldn't fuck with them. I sighed laying back in the chair waiting for any type of results. "Family Of Cassian Prince Brooks" we stood up "that's us" ant said. " Well he is awake and he is better we gave him some pills he has to take for a couple of days to fully get back to normal but you all can go see him and he will be discharged by the time you all leave" THANK GOD but I was still worried about Cam. "room number?" she said "295 on the right side of the hospital."

We walked down to his room seeing him made me smile "bro I-" I was at lost for words AGAIN! "I'm good I just I don't know" he looked at me as if he needed reassurance that bryan was dead. "yea he is" he nodded and then it's like something hit him "cam" I looked down "he beat her we haven't gotten any updates yet" he looked at me and his eyes were watery. "tay and ant can yall step out for a minute" they nodded and tay hugged me before walking out. "talk to me prince" he sighed before looking out the window of his hospital room. "I made a promise to her that I wouldn't let anyone el- else hurt h-her" his voice was cracking and I was already crying.

"I broke that promise man" he turned and looked at me and I said " you didn't break it you thought you all were safe at the moment this isn't your fault ok? the only thing you can do, WE can do is protect her from here on out." I said and he nodded his head I could  tell he was hurt and I know he loves her way more than just friends. We sat in silence until tay and ant came in and ant looked like he might be sick I stood up so fast "what's going on?" then the doctor walked in "Mr. Brooks here are your discharge papers and meds" H nodded and said "Thanks" then the doctor said "Family of Camille Paige Lane correct?" we all nodded and she said "well  I hate to say this but she is slightly awake but there is a 99% chance she will slip into a coma she has severe brain damage to the side"

Prince said "shit" she continued saying "She also has a scar that has a 32% chance of being a permanent scar on her face she has stitches on her side and her abdominal area. I will take up to 3 to 4 months to heal on it's own but if she takes all her meds it will heal much faster" I asked "can we see her?" she took us to room 292 and as soon as we walked in her monitors went crazy "what's happening" she turned and I knew she was about to say it 'She already slipped into it I'm so sorry" she had a tear falling down which means she been through something like this before or seen it.