Chapter 20: Court Date!

Cassian's Pov:

So I know yall are like the fuck how he get shot?so when I went to handle business shit escalated because a whole nother gang did a drive by on us and the other gang I yelled for them to go and they tried to stay and help me and i told them I was good. Then me,dre, and ant tryna call the girls but they weren't picking up so well yall know. When cam started talking to me I was about to wake up literally and she started talking and I want her to know that i ain't going nowhere she had a nigga crying but like i said she my soft spot.

It's been 6 days and today is the day cam goes into court and puts her dad away . I know she's nervous about it but like i said she has held her tongue for too long it's time to wild out. We were all in her room at their apartment and we were really trying to keep ourselves occupied cause we wanted to get high but we finna be in a court  full of damn cops and judges, lawyers, attornies, and guards and shit. "damn all this nervousness is killing me i need a stress reliever" then tay blurted out "TRACK" cam sat up so fast going to put on her running clothes and shoes. she grabbed her phone and than  said "let's go no cars either" i had no problem with it i just changed into my other shoes that i use at basketball practice.

Tay and Cam were in front of us "cam?" she turned around starting to walk backwards "come here" she came towards me and i said "up" she jumped on my back and tay got on dre's back and we ran into Lacey but she looked scared shitless and so she whispered something in cam's ear and cam ran back to the house making all of us follow her and she grabbed her gun running to this apartment place and when she walked in and saw a lady and she looked to be in her 40's maybe early 50's "REALLY?!" cam yelled at the woman and I realized that's Lacey's aunt "the fuck is going on?" Lacey and cam looked at each other but cam looked at lacey as if she was asking permission and lacey nodded her head " Lacey is gay" the room fell silent and I was in shock"and her aunt here decides to say that bullshit" i said "what she say" Lacey had tears in her eyes "she said I am a slut just like my mama and that I will never be shit and then she hit me" cam stopped and said "she what?!" I could tell that hit cam hard.

"Well yo hoe ass shouldn't be out fucking" the room went quiet and Cam said "listen first of all I have known this girl all my life literally we may haven't been the best of fucking friends but one thing I do know is she doesn't go around fucking niggas back to back if you really paid attention she had a lot of shit going on  but you didn't fucking care and then you have the nerve to beat on her....I have been beaten and if she would have committed suicide you would have cared right? RIGHT?! she is 18 fucking years old and the fact that you did all this because of her sexuality?! yeah hell no Lacey go get some stuff we will get the rest of it another time cause this is the last time you finna see her" her aunt just stood there dumbfounded.

Cam went outside and so did I "come here cam" she said "the bullshit people do how the fuck you gon beat on her and say all of that because of her sexuality" I could tell she was pissed off and feeling some kind of way. Lacey came out with a duffle bag and immediately hugged cam "we have a extra room it's usually for ant but his ass sleep on my couch anyway" ant mugged her "shut up it's comfortable" they laughed "you can stay there ok?" Lacey nodded. "still wanna go to the track?" tay asked and Cam said "after court yeah" We got back to their apartment and changed into some more professional like clothes. I had a button up shirt with black slacks I haven't worn shit like this since shit i don't know.

"damn" I heard cam mumble I smiled to myself and when I turned around she had some khaki pants on and and white button up shirt then tay came in "heels" and cam said "hell no" tay whined "fine" when she put them on she did her hair and then we all got into my damn car which was packed as fuck. When we got there I held cam's hand as we walked in and sat down they did the all rise shit and then they called her to the stand and she pledged and shit. They asked her questions "Mrs. Lane how long has Mr. Lane been beating and raping you?" she answered "since I was 13" and he asked "and how old are you now?" she said "17" and walked close and said "Is it true that he has done drugs and drinks alot?" she sighed and said "ever since my mother died he started to sniff coke, and drink alot but it wouldn't just be him its also him and his friends" the man nodded and asked "I heard you were known as the quiet girl is that correct? can you explain why?" she looked at me and said "it got to the point where I was falling into depression he made me feel unloved and he made me hate myself I was scared of every man or boy because of him I missed out on alot in my life because of him i have been in hospitals a lot BECAUSE OF HIM and I stopped talking my best friend slash sister tay was the only person I talked to"

"Mrs. Lane how did you become so open?" she smiled and looked at ant,dre,me, and tay and said "you see those four over there" the man looked at us and she continued to say "they are the reason I am happy again and that I can speak my mind Cassian didn't even know me and he helped me when he could have just left me there to die the first time, ever since I met Dre, Ant, and cassian things have been different, I smile more, I laugh more, I TALK more but then he comes and ruins it and i fall back into that place again and I hate that but the family I have right now I love and i have them to thank for making me happy and more talkative cause now i can't shut up" the crowd laughed a little and i looked over at her father who looked worried and his lawyer looked disgusted by him, AS HE SHOULD. 

The man said "any last words to your father" she sighed and the man took his seat and she got up walking in front of him saying "Do I hate what you put me through? hell yes but I'm gonna forgive you right here, right now cause I can't continue to live with all that hate and I won't. You made my life hell and you don't even care you're not sorry for what you put me through the only thing that you are worried about is  being in the most locked down jail that you can't get out of no phone calls, no visitors, and no bail so the last thing I have to say to you is don't drop the soap" the judge and crowd laughed at the last part and the judge sentenced him and he they said he had something to say to me. I walked over there and they gave us some privacy "look man i know yall hate my ass but there's a mexican dude who wants her and treat her right bro " i scoffed and said "I'm not you" and walked away and we all left to the po'boy place and we ate inside.

"Damn bro I really just locked his ass up" she scoffed and said "if any funeral I'm planning that will be the only one" tay said "outta pocket"  she shrugged "it is what it is" we were all eating and then headed back to their apartment I changed into my psd's and grey sweats with a wife beater and cam changed back into her running stuff and so did tay we were all just waiting on Lacey and when she came out we walked to the track and we sat on the bleachers and cam gave me her phone and she took off and she was literally running until nighttime nonstop tay and lacey were just shocked she was still running and had the energy.

When she was done I carried her and we walked back to the apartment and i put her in an ice bath and then everybody went to sleep except me and cam cause i was rubbing her legs "how were you even running that long" she said " I don't know I wish i didn't cause my fucking legs hurt" she groaned in pain and I continued rubbing her legs until she fell asleep. She was curled up and shaking so i pulled the cover over us and i laid on my  back and then she said "goodnite prince" and i kissed her forehead and said "goodnite cam"

(This was short and rushed but I hope yall enjoyed)