The Philosopher's Stone Pt. 1: Train

Okay, so I hope that you guys understood the description so I'll just jump right in. This Dramione scene takes place right after this video.

 This Dramione scene takes place right after this video

Hermione Pov

Hermione was about to leave Harry and Ron's train compartment, but she remembered something and turned back around. "You've got dirt on your nose, by the way. Did you know? Just there." Hermione pointed to the spot on her own nose right as she heard the train's whistle blowing. Ron reached up and tried to rub the dirt off, but was unsuccessful. Hermione wrinkled her nose, turned, and left with a flair down the train hallway.

As Hermione headed back to the train compartment she was sharing with a girl named Susan Bones, she decided to stop at one more compartment to ask about Neville's frog. Stopping at the first open door she came two, she saw a flash of platinum. She peered through the open door of the compartment and saw three boys conversing. One of them had the platinum hair she had seen and he looked like the leader of the pack. The two other boys were on the heavy side and had darker hair. Hermione's attention snagged on the platinum boy again and noticed he was more handsome than she had originally noticed.

"Excuse me? Do you need something or are you just going to stand there staring at us? I know I'm good-looking, but all the girls looking at me get a little annoying," the platinum boy said arrogantly. Hermione started and could feel her cheeks pinkening.

"Erm, yes. I was wondering if you have seen a toad around here by any chance? A boy named Neville asked me for help looking. If I recall, the toad's name was Trevor," Hermione asked while leaning against the door.

"No, I haven't seen one, but I'm sure he'll find it at some point. What's your name?" the same boy asked.

"Hermione Granger. And yours?"

"Granger. I like it. Mine is Malfoy. Draco Malfoy. This is Crabbe and Goyle," Platinum said, gesturing to the two other boys. "They were just leaving to find the Trolley Witch so if you want, you could sit with me."

"Why not?" Hermione shrugged and sat on the bench opposite Platinum. Crabbe and Goyle quickly left; the only acknowledgment of her presence being a slight nod from Goyle.

"By the way, I said my name was Hermione, not Granger. Granger is my last name," Hermione said, trying not to be annoyed.

"Sorry, it's just I have a habit of calling people by their last name, so if you don't mind, I think I'll call you Granger, Granger. Are you pure or Muggle-born?" Draco asked. "Wait, don't answer that last question. My mother says it's rude to pry about stuff like that. Of course, my father wouldn't want me to be associated with a Muggle-born, but my mother says to not listen to him. She says he is a prejudiced old man, and I've always trusted her more than him." Draco fell silent, looking sheepish at his babbling. Hermione rushed to fill the awkward silence and ended up stumbling over her words.

"Wait, I want to go back to the previous question," said Hermione. 'Your family is one of the Sacred 28, right? I read all about them in A History Of Magic. You and your mom really don't believe in the whole dirty blood idea? That's pretty honorable. And to answer the question, I'm Muggle-born. I only found out about Hogwarts a month ago when my letter came in the mail. I hope we can still be friends, though." She laughed awkwardly, but in all reality, did want to get to know him. He was intriguing in some way she couldn't quite describe and it would be nice to get to know someone who'd been in the Wizarding World all their lives.

Draco rolled his eyes. "Of course we can still be friends, Granger. My father is the only one in the Malfoy line that still believes in all that 'blood purity' stuff as I mentioned earlier." Hermione felt the train jerk to a stop underneath them as he finished talking.

"Well, this was fun. I thoroughly enjoyed it. I'm not the best at making friends, but I'm hoping that we are friends now?" she asked.

"Yep," Draco stood up and offered Hermione his hand. "M'lady."

Hermione took it and giggled. "Why thank you, kind sir."

They walked out to the boat platform together but parted ways when Crabbe and Goyle waved Draco over to their boat. He bid Hermione farewell and waved goodbye.

Well, I hope you guys liked the first chapter. Hopefully, you understand the concept of the story a bit more now. Please comment and vote. I love hearing feedback so if you have any, just comment.

-Ms. Scarlet