Prisoner of Azkaban Pt. 1: Exposed

Hermione Pov

After the Dementor attack, Hermione felt herself shaking. When the Dementor had started sucking out Harry's soul, she had felt like she would never feel happiness again, as Ron described it. More specifically, she felt like she would never see Draco again, but she was sure it was different for others. Lupin had gone to see what was happening, and at his departure, once there was silence in the compartment, she decided it was time for her annual visit to Draco's compartment. She stood up but was stopped when Ron stood up as well.

"Um, excuse me, Ron. I need to go talk to someone."

"Who do you need to talk to, because whoever it is, I can come too. I wanted to talk to you anyway." He paused to give Harry's sleeping form a meaningful look. "Alone."

"I'm sorry, Ron, but I have to go. You can't come with me, and I don't have to explain anything to you." Hermione pushed past Ron and opened the compartment door. Once she was in the aisleway, she looked both ways to make sure no one was looking before going towards the back of the train to Draco's usual compartment. She looked in the window and saw Draco and Crabbe as normal, but Goyle wasn't there. There was a new boy. She knocked quietly, and Draco stood up quickly to open the door for her.

"Hermione!" Draco said, the relief evident in his voice. "I was so worried! I was about to give up on you and come looking." He reached out and enveloped her in his arms which she could feel had grown stronger over the summer.

"Who's this, Malfoy?" Hermione heard the new boy say with an accent.

"This is my girlfriend, Hermione. Hermione, this is the new exchange student from Ilvermorny, Pike," Draco said after shifting to just having an arm around Hermione's shoulders. "Can we have a moment alone?"

"Sure, Malfoy. Come on Goyle, let's find a new compartment." Pike and Goyle left like always, and Hermione and Draco had the compartment to themselves.

"What happened? Do you know why the train stopped and why it got so cold all of a sudden? We saw some dark shapes go by in the aisle, but they didn't come in. Did they go into your compartment?" Draco asked while sitting down next to her.

"Yes! They came in and were Dementors. They left Ron and me alone but basically started sucking Harry's soul out of his body. It was really scary, but then the man who was in there before us got up and sent a spell at it. Harry fainted and later said he heard a woman screaming. It was horrible when they were in the compartment; it felt as though I would never feel happiness again; as though I would never see you again," Hermione said, nearly in tears at the end.

"That's horrible. Come here." Hermione scooched closer to Draco and laid her head on his shoulder. He wrapped his arm around her and stroked her hair. "It's okay, you're with me now. I won't let anything hurt you." She felt herself slowly drifting off to sleep, but was suddenly startled awake when there was a knock on the compartment door. She sat up quickly and saw that Draco had remembered to pull down the blinds on the window of the door, but was still confused.

"Who could that be?" Hermione whispered. "Did the Trolley Witch already come by?"

"Yeah, she did. I don't know. Who is it!?" Draco asked louder.

"Fred and George Weasley." Hermione's eyes widened in panic at Draco. "And don't bother hiding, Granger, we know you are in there." Her shoulders dropped in defeat and she opened the door.

"Hello, Fred. Hello, George. Do you need something, or are you just here to expose us?"

"We have something to confess, actually. Can we come in?" Fred said before coming in without even waiting for Hermione's reply.

"See this?" George pulled out a blank piece of parchment. "This is the Marauders' Map. Fred and I found it in Filch's office back in our second year and have had it ever since. It might look just like a regular piece of parchment, but it's not. I solemnly swear I am up to no good," George said while pointing his wand at the parchment. There started to be small ink splotches spreading out and finally formed a front page.

"What does it say?" Draco asked while leaning forward curiously.

"Messrs Moony, Wormtail, Padfoot, and Prongs are proud to present the Marauders' Map. This is the map that gave you away, unfortunately. We could take one look at this map and see where everyone in the school is right now. This means we can see how often you two are together; and by the looks of things, you aren't just close friends. But don't worry, we won't give you away to Ronald or Harry. We did come to warn you though. We're planning to give this map to Harry, and we decided you probably wouldn't want to be found out. So, we thought maybe we should put a spell on it to have it hide whenever you two are together because we're nice like that. Unfortunately, we couldn't think of a perfect spell, so we thought we'd come to you. Can you think of anything, Granger?" Fred asked.

"Well...There is a particular spell that I can think of that might work. May I look at it for a moment?" George handed her the map and she examined it closely. "This is some extraordinary charm work. Do you happen to know who the original owner is?"

"Not a clue."

"Praetexo Amare," Hermione cast the spell and waited for a few beats. "Well, we won't know if it worked or not until we get to Hogwarts. Come get us if you can still see us together," she told the twins.

"Yes, madam. And by the way, Ron's looking for you, so I'd get out of here as soon as possible. Goodbye." The twins left with Hermione following soon after.

Hope you liked it. And btw that spell is completely made up. I just took the Latin word for conceal and put it before the Latin word for love. Please comment and vote and request chapters. Also, if you remember the scene in Prisoner of Azkaban where Draco was like to Harry "Potter! Did you truly faint? I mean you actually fainted?" and then Harry was like, "How did he find out?" and then Hermione was like, "Just ignore him." Well, who were the only 4 people in the train compartment when Harry fainted? Ron, Lupin, Harry himself, and none other than our very own Hermione Granger. So, who would have told Malfoy? I don't think Harry told him because he was acting confused, I really don't think Ron would have, because he isn't smart enough to fake not knowing, and I don't think Lupin is friends with Draco. Do you catch my bluff? Anyways, this chapter was kind of just to address the fact that Harry would have discovered Dramione with the map, but I hope you liked it anyway. 

-Ms. Scarlet