The Phil. Stone Pt. 2: Sorted

Draco Pov

The Sorting Ceremony was something all young witches and wizards in the Malfoy and Black family line were taught to fear. If you got sorted into a house that wasn't Slytherin, you were in danger of being disowned. Draco had heard all about what had happened to Sirius Black, his second cousin, and most definitely didn't want it to happen to him. But, of course, Draco wasn't worried about not getting sorted into Slytherin. He had all the traits and was very self-assured. To Draco, the Sorting Hat was just an antique, unfashionable hat with a charm on it; but to some of the other first years, it looked like they were witnessing their first piece of real magic. Draco glanced over at Granger and noticed she had a nervous expression on her face. He gave her a reassuring smile and she smiled back. "When I call your name, you will come forth, I shall place the Sorting Hat on your head, and you will be sorted into your houses," Professor McGonagall said while holding up the Sorting Hat. "Hermione Granger."

Granger whispered something to herself and slowly walked up to the stool. Draco heard the redhead whisper something to Potter about Granger being mental which caused Draco to glare as hard as he could at the Weasel. She sat down and waited for the verdict. "Ahh, right then. Hmm, right. Okay...Gryffindor!" the Hat shouted. There were cheers and claps from the Gryffindor table, but Draco was not satisfied. He knew that there was no chance of Granger getting into Slytherin since she was a Muggle-born, but she could have at least been sorted into a house that wasn't Slytherin's mortal enemy. Draco thought that maybe she would have gotten into Ravenclaw, but there wasn't any time to think about that, because it was his turn.

"Draco Malfoy." Draco walked up to the stool with confidence but didn't miss McGonagall's look of disapproval.

The Hat hardly touched his head before it yelled out, "Slytherin." Of course, Draco was not surprised, but couldn't help the smirk that made its way onto his face. He made his way over to the Slytherin table and smiled at Granger again. She beamed back and he finally noticed how beautiful she looked with her hair framing her tanned face. Draco couldn't help but compare her to an angel. But Draco wasn't allowed to have those thoughts about a Gryffindor, much less a Muggle-born Gryffindor, so he pushed them aside and focused his attention back on the ceremony. It looked like the Weasel (whose name was apparently Ronald) had been sorted into Gryffindor as well, and sat down across from Granger.

"Harry Potter," McGonagall called out. A murmur went through the Great Hall at the name as Potter went up to the stool. The Hat seemed to take even longer with Potter's sorting than with everyone else's so far, which seemed peculiar to Draco. Seeing as the boy had defeated Voldemort as a baby, shouldn't he be automatically sorted into Gryffindor?

Finally, the Hat gave the proclamation that Potter was sorted into Gryffindor, and that was that. He joined the Weasel and Granger at their table and there was more rapturous applause. The sorting was over after a few more kids and then it was time to dine. The food appeared and everyone dug in.

Hope you liked the second chapter. I know I said I would be updating on Sundays, but I was on a roll, so here. Please comment, vote, and give feedback. If anyone has any particular scenes from any of the movies you want me to do Dramione for, just let me know. Also, my plan is to do 4 scenes from each movie and I already have the scenes picked out, but if you have a request it is very easy for me to replace one of the scenes for whatever movie you request is from or I can just add a 5th scene. Thank you for all the support, you all pounced really quickly, and it makes me feel good. I'm still working on finding a new cover, but I'm still open to you guys emailing me some as well. If I get any emails I will gladly replace whatever cover I come up with, with yours.

-Ms. Scarlet