Deathly Hallows1 Pt. 1: Muggles

Draco's bedroom

Draco's bedroom

Draco Pov

Draco awoke suddenly to the sound of his door being slammed open. He groggily sat up and saw his father angrily striding through the room toward him. His father raised his wand and the curtains flew open to reveal a setting sun in the distance. Draco internally rolled his eyes at what he knew was coming and swung his legs over the side of his bed. "What do you think you're doing?" his father hissed, "It's five-fifty in the afternoon and you're asleep! Draco, we have a meeting with the Dark Lord in ten minutes. Do I need to remind you what happened the last time someone was late?" Draco cringed at the memory of Pettigrew's screams caused by the Cruciatus Curse.

He walked over to the vanity and quickly buttoned the black dress shirt he was wearing, effectively hiding the three biggest scars that spanned his chest from the lavatory fight with Potter last year. He grabbed his suit jacket off the nearby chair and hurriedly slid his arms into the tailored sleeves. "Sorry, Father. I was just feeling tired and I must have accidentally dozed off." Draco was not indeed sorry; nor had he "accidentally" dozed off. He had done it on purpose and was not ashamed.

His father ignored him and walked around him to his bedside table where he picked up a picture. "What is this supposed to be? It's just an empty picture frame. Are you going mad, boy?"

Draco's eyes widened in panic when he saw what was actually in the frame and quickly thanked Merlin that Hermione had remembered to put a Concealment Charm on it. It was the birthday present she had given to him all those years ago with the picture of them on their date in the Astronomy Tower. Suddenly, there was a pop, and Milly, the new house-elf appeared, accidentally trodding on his father's foot in the process. "Ouch!" he exclaimed and dropped the picture in surprise. The picture frame smashed, with glass going everywhere. Draco dove for the actual picture, not caring about the shards digging into his legs, and retrieved the photo. Inconspicuously stashing it in the inner pocket of his suit, along with his wand, he inched out of the room, leaving his father to deal with Milly and hopefully forget about the frame.

Hurrying towards the formal dining room, he pulled out the picture and placed a kiss on his fingers which then touched Hermione's unmoving face. He smiled sadly and burst into the room. Although most of the seats were filled; Snape, Bellatrix, the Dark Lord, and his father were still missing. Taking a seat next to his mother and kissing her lightly on the cheek, he noticed someone floating at the end of the table behind Pius. His stomach rolled with dread at the thought of who would be tortured today. Though he knew that if it were Hermione, the whole Wizarding World would have heard of it by now, he couldn't help but think that the woman's hair looked remarkably like hers.

He fidgeted nervously under the table but stopped when his mother laid a hand over his reassuringly. A few seconds later, his father came striding in, accompanied by his aunt who looked very proud of herself. "Move, Draco." His father gestured for him to move one seat over so he could sit down next to his wife with Bellatrix sitting on her other side. Draco reluctantly moved over.