Order of The Phoenix Pt. 1: Christmas

Hermione Pov

After a great Christmas dinner, Hermione walked down the stairs with Harry and Ron. "I can't understand why you don't want to wear it, Ron," she said, referring to the sweater he had received from his mother.

"'Cause I look a bloody idiot, that's why!"

Hermione looked back and saw Harry going off into a different room. Not bothered, she continued on her way arguing with Ron. As they passed the front door, she felt a cool breeze come through and had a sudden urge to go on a walk in the snow. She told Ron just as much before quickly going back to the kitchen where she had left her coat. George and Fred were sitting at the table playing magical chess and as she grabbed her coat off the rack, the twins Apparated right behind her. "Merlin! What was that for?"

"Where are you going?" George asked.

"I'm going for a walk. Would either of you like to join me?"

"You know how much I hate the snow, but I think Georgie here would like to go," Fred said.

"Sure, why not? I had something to talk to you about anyway," George said before reaching over to Hermione to grab his own coat.

"Ooh, is it about your new girlfriend?" Fred asked while wiggling his eyebrows suggestively at George.

"Shove off," he muttered in response. "Let's go, Granger."

Hermione led the way out of Grimmauld Place and into the cold winter night. They trudged along in the snow until George finally spoke. "So, technically Fred was right, but not really. She's not my girlfriend, but I do need to talk to you about her. You finally met Pansy at the beginning of the year, right?" When Hermione nodded, he continued; "We have been hanging out a lot more and I'm definitely attracted to her, but I don't want to have to hide our relationship if we go into one like Malfoy and you. I agree with you that Ronekins is probably not going to be fine with either of our significant others and I just don't know what to do."

"Yeah, I don't know; that's a tough situation. I think that the best option is just to see where your attraction goes before committing to a relationship and then telling people about it. After all, do you even know if she likes you back?"

"That's a good idea. I think she is interested but I don't know for certain. Thanks for the advice but I've been out in the cold for too long so if you don't mind I think I'm going to head in."

"Okay, well, I think I'm going to stay out here for a little while longer but it was nice talking to you," Hermione concluded. George waved and strode back in the direction of Grimmauld Place. Hermione walked a little farther before spotting a little park. She stepped over the snowbank and dusted the snow off one of the swings before sitting down. After a few minutes, she heard the snow behind her crunch when someone stepped on it. Hermione quickly got off the swing, only to whirl around to find Draco looking guilty.

"Draco? What are you doing here?" Hermione asked before walking up to him.

He wrapped her in his embrace and said, "I actually just happened to be passing by. Care to take a seat with me and I'll explain?" Hermione nodded and the pair walked back over to the swings and took a seat. "Luna Lovegood, if you know who she is, lives in the nearby hills and my family was visiting her for Christmas. I don't know if you know this but we're actually cousins.

"What? Really?"

"Yeah. Her mom was my dad's sister until she passed away but we still visit them every so often. But anyway we were heading home and I happened to notice you over here."

"Where are your parents now?" Hermione asked while looking around for them.

"I convinced them I had left my wand at Blaise's house so they left me here and told me to take the Knight Bus home. Any questions?"