Goblet of Fire Pt. 1: Green and Silver

Hermione Pov

The Quidditch World Cup. It was Hermione's first time attending, and she couldn't be more excited, although not for the reason most would expect. Over the summer, she and Draco had hung out at a coffee shop a few times, and they discussed what their plans were for the Cup. Apparently, he was attending as well, and he and his father had a seat in the Minister's private box.

They had arranged to meet a little bit through the game to hang out which was the real reason she was excited. Draco had bought and learned how to use a cell phone just for her, and he said he would text her when he got the chance to sneak away.

As the group of Weasleys and Harry and she walked up hundreds and hundreds of stairs, she spotted two heads of blond hair. She and Draco made eye contact and he winked. Hermione hadn't been paying attention to what Ron was saying but when Lucius looked up and responded, she had a guess. "Well, put it this way. If it rains, you'll be the first to know."

"Father and I are in the Minister's box by personal invite of Cornelius Fudge himself." Hermione laughed to herself at the fact that Draco couldn't help bragging, even to his supposed enemies. Her mood quickly turned sour when Lucius turned around and hit Draco in the stomach with his cane.

"Don't boast, Draco! There is no need with these people," Lucius said in a self-important way. Hermione couldn't help but roll her eyes, because she was sure that even if Draco hadn't gotten to brag, Lucius would have bragged for him.

As she saw Harry turning to leave the Malfoys, she spun to follow until she heard Lucius' staff hit Harry's hand. "Do enjoy yourself." Lucius paused ominously. "While you can." He lifted the staff and walked off, leaving Draco in his dust. Draco hesitated for a moment longer before jogging to catch up.

###

Hermione was bored. That's the only way to describe the World Cup. Now, Hermione understood the appeal but didn't have that appeal herself. She knew everyone probably thought she was being ungrateful by not being as enthusiastic. All she was waiting for was that buzz of her phone, releasing her from this torture. She turned her phone off after probably the 50th time she had checked it in the last half an hour. As she heard cheers around her, she refocused on the game and saw that Bulgaria had scored another point.

Now, Hermione was a taken woman, but she could still think other men were good-looking. Ginny and she had shared a look when they saw Cedric Diggory up close for the first time, but Hermione thought he was more cute than good-looking. Now, Victor Krum was definitely good-looking. Not that she would ever admit it, because, again, she was a taken woman.

As she was thinking about Draco and how good he had looked in his midnight black suit, her phone finally buzzed. She hastily turned it on to see the text she had been waiting for.

D

I finally got away

Meet me on the 14th-floor? concession stands.

H

Be there in 5

She put her phone back in the pocket of her jeans and turned around. "Hey, Granger!" Fred yelled from the other side of the group.

"Where are you going?" George continued.

"I have to go to the loo."

"Could you get me a pretzel?" Fred asked.

"And me a bucket of popcorn," said George.

"Actually, we'll just come with you." Fred winked.

"Boys, that's really not necessary. I can take care of myself, after all, I've survived more close encounters with death than you have."