Deathly Hallows1 Pt. 2: Warning

Hermione Pov

The lively music was making everyone want to dance and the dance floor was filled with guests. Hermione kept bumping shoulders with people as she danced with Viktor, but she would just laugh it off and let him dip her or spin her or whatever else he wanted to do. She knew it was selfish to want to be happy for a while, especially in the middle of a war, but she couldn't help it. She tried not to think about what Draco might be doing right now and just moved with the music, letting Viktor's hands steady her. "I vill get us some more Butterbeer. I need break from all this dancing. Vill you meet me over at our table?" Viktor said into her ear to be heard over the music. She nodded and smiled before weaving through the crowd to the table which their empty Butterbeers occupied.

"You look like you're having fun," a clear voice that was definitely not Viktor said. Looking up, she saw it was Ron. She had to suppress her eye roll at the obvious jealousy he had toward Viktor.

"As a matter of fact, I am. Viktor just went to get me some more Butterbeer. What have you been up to?"

"Well, not to brag but Fleur's sister, Gabrielle, is pretty into me. Mind if I take a seat?" Ron said before sitting down without her response.

"Well, that's good but technically she's your sister-in-law now," Hermione pointed out.

"Eh, I wasn't going to go for her anyway. I already like someone." Ron smiled at her and winked.

Hermione was about to tell him she wasn't interested when Viktor came back holding two Butterbeers. "Is he giving you trouble, Hermy-own-ninny?"

Before Hermione could respond, Ron jumped in. "Of course not!" he said scathingly. "Just because Fleur invited you doesn't give you the right to jump on Hermione again. And, yeah, it's Hermione, not Hermy-own-ninny," Ron mocked.

"It's okay, Ron. We were just having fun," Hermione said hastily as Viktor took a menacing step toward him. Ron scowled in response and stomped off. "Save my Butterbeer? I have to go to the lavatory." Viktor nodded and Hermione hurried off through the nearest door of the tent. She didn't actually have to go but she couldn't stand to be around Ron or Viktor any longer when the only boy she wanted was miles away and on the wrong side of the war.

Hermione sat down on the front step of the Burrow and pulled out her new BlackBerry. Going to her contacts she hovered over the familiar number she had thought about deleting and texting many times. She groaned and put the phone away. Hermione stood up and resolved to return to Viktor. She walked the long way around the tent but before she could enter, there was a crack, someone grabbed the back of her dress, and dragged her back into the shadows. A hand clamped over her mouth as she tried to scream.

Panic started building as she realized that no one knew she was outside. Ron thought she was with Viktor, Viktor thought she was in the lavatory, and Harry thought she was with Ron. She bit down hard on one of the fingers and stomped on a foot. The person groaned in pain and let go. Hermione whirled around and without thinking kneed the culprit in the groin. "Umph!" The boy doubled over and Hermione saw it was none other than Draco Malfoy. Hermione's hands flew up to her mouth in shock. This was the first time she'd seen him since he was in the Hospital Wing with gashes down his chest.

"Draco?! What are you doing here?"

"Trying...to...warn...you," he responded through a strangled voice, obviously in pain.

"Oh, I'm sorry! Are you okay? And what do you need to warn me about?"

Draco slowly stood up and glanced around. "They're coming! You have to get out of here," he said in a panic, all traces of pain gone.

"Who's coming? Draco, you're not making sense."

"The Death Eaters. Hermione, they're at the Ministry and they're coming here next. The Minister is dead! I had to come to warn you."

"No..." Hermione gasped. "Draco, how long till they get here?"

"I don't know but it won't be long now. I have to go so they won't get suspicious." Draco was about to turn on the spot when Hermione grabbed his arm.

"Thank you, Draco. Have you recovered okay?"

"Yeah, my face didn't even scar though my chest did," Draco said.

"I'm sorry again, for everything." Hermione knew he knew she was talking about breaking up with him. "It just wouldn't have worked out." There was a silent pause loaded with meaning where Hermione had the sudden thought to quickly lean forward and kiss him like in the hospital wing before she came to her senses. They were broken up and for a good reason. After all, it had been her decision and she didn't want to play with his heart (or her's for that matter) like that. The moment was broken by Draco nodding solemnly and suddenly Disapparated without saying anything more.

Hermione hurried back to the tent and was about to tell Harry and Ron the news when a blue ball of light shot to the center of the room. A voice that belonged to Kingsley spoke out telling everyone what Draco had told Hermione. As it disappeared there were shouts of panic and people started Disapparating everywhere. Suddenly, there was a sound of breaking glass and Death Eaters started flying in and casting curses. Hermione ran toward Ron with the intent of Disapparating with him and looked around for Harry. He was running toward Ginny and Hermione sighed with relief when Lupin restrained him and pointed him toward where she and Ron were waiting. There was another crack and a Death Eater showed up right in front of her. She pulled out her wand quickly but had no need to use it because the Death Eater turned and walked away.

She glanced at Ron and he shrugged. Harry finally reached them and Hermione turned on her heel. As the world twisted around them, Hermione knew that it had been Draco who turned away. It gave her hope and that was more than enough.

Well, here it is. Let me know what you think. I just watched Avatar (the one with the Na'vi, not Airbenders though I watched that one too) and I need to know who else here has watched it because it was awesome! Please comment and vote.

-Ms. Scarlet