Pris. of Azkaban Pt. 3: Presents + Lies

(A/N The second vid is just for fun, but it's really funny)

Draco Pov  

Draco was happy; there was no denying it. He and Hermione were currently on a date by the frozen Black Lake and he was having a blast. She had asked Pike to give him a note that proposed the idea of a date while everyone was at Hogsmeade and he had been more than willing. Although there were hardly any students in Hogwarts at the moment, they had invisibility wards up on the off-chance someone would come back from Hogsmeade early. It was freezing and there was snow everywhere which was why they were snuggled up under a blanket. Her head was resting on his shoulder and his arm was around her.

They didn't even have a specific "activity" for their date but they had productively spent the last hour. For the first 20 minutes, they studied together until Draco got bored. They had snogged for the next ten minutes before Hermione reluctantly pushed off him and chided him for being too horny. They had just been sitting there for a while, occasionally chatting, when Hermione sat up. "I have something for you. Since it's so close to Christmas and we probably won't see each other on the actual day because you are going home, I have your present right here." She reached into her bag and pulled out a neatly wrapped package.

"That's funny because I have one for you as well. Can you hand me my bag?" Hermione reached over and grabbed it for him. He reached into the front pocket where he could feel the two horribly wrapped gifts. He grabbed the larger one and handed it to her. He took his from Hermione and examined it closer. It was wrapped in classic brown paper and tied with a brown string. It was a perfect box shape and wasn't too big. "Do you want to go first or should I?" Draco asked.

"You can go first." Draco complied and dug his fingernail under the paper, ripping it open. Inside was another paper box on which he used a simple spell to break the seal revealing a picture frame. He took it out and observed. It was a stationary picture that Hermione had taken with something called a polaroid camera on their last date which was a picnic up in the Astronomy Tower. He couldn't help but smile at the memories. "Before you ask, when anyone except you looks at it, they just see an empty picture frame. Do you like it?" Hermione asked.

"I love it! Are you kidding me? I could never. Come here." He leaned over and met her halfway for a brief kiss. "Now it's your turn," Draco said as Hermione pulled away.

As she was opening her gift, he noticed her trying not to smile. "Well, this is interesting. It's a...Gryffindor scarf."

"Okay, so I know it looks like a horrible present right now, but it's not just a Gryffindor scarf. It's actually one of my Slytherin scarfs that I enchanted so you can change the color. I know that normally regular couples wear each other's clothes and I wanted to do that with you. Also, don't worry because I know your present to me was better, which makes it lucky that I brought another one for you." Draco paused to reach into his bag for the other, smaller present. He handed it to her with a smirk on his face. "Go ahead and open it."

Hermione opened this one slower and this time her face broke out into a broad smile. "Draco! This is amazing. Where did you find it?" In the box was a golden necklace with a snake wrapped around a lion.

"I actually had it custom made. I assume you like it?" Draco said while smiling.

"Of course I do. It's really great. Can you help me put it on?"

Draco shifted so that he was behind her and clasped the necklace for her. His hand brushed her face and he started kissing down her neck. "Draco, stop. I have a few things to talk about before we get back into that," Hermione insisted before turning around to face him. "First off, I was thinking about what would have happened if Professor Lupin hadn't ended class early on the Boggart day. I think at this point, my biggest fear is us getting discovered even though you told me to stop stressing and--"