Deathly Hallows1 Pt. 3: Betrayal

Hermione Pov

The days were getting longer and the search for Horcruxes was tedious. Hermione had been on night watch for a few nights in a row and could hardly keep her eyes open. She didn't complain, though, seeing as Harry was supposed to defeat an immortal Dark Lord and Ron had been wearing the Horcrux for the past week and had a splinched arm. She yawned tiredly and rested her cheek in her hand.

Suddenly, a blue light like the one at the wedding came out of the trees. It moved toward her and she stood up quickly as she saw it was a Patronus. It circled her head and realization hit her. It was corporeal and in the form of none other than an otter. Of course, her mind immediately went to Draco whose Patronus had taken that form when he first produced one. But that couldn't be right as he couldn't possibly still love her.

Apparently, it was true though as a voice drifted out; clearly Draco using a spell Hermione had never known anyone but the Order to use. "Well...erm...I hope you can hear me well and...um...I just wanted to talk to you. I was wondering if we could meet up sometime. I'll be on the east side of the Lanil forest which is that forest near where the Quidditch World Cup was held. If you happen to be nearby, we might see each other and we can talk. Totally up to you but I'm supposed to be patrolling there all this week. I guess I might see you then?"

Hermione couldn't help but smile at how uncertain he sounded. The Message Patronus was an excellent piece of magic, especially since it managed to find her in the middle of the forest. Luckily, the trio was already in the Lanil forest although she would have to walk a little way to meet Draco. She could probably sneak away from camp during one of her night watches. She wondered for a moment why Draco wasn't in school but remembered that Snape was Headmaster now and probably didn't care what Draco did.

As she was mentally planning, the Patronus faded away and just in time because Harry ducked out of the tent and sat down next to her. "Sorry, you've been on the night jobs lately. I just can't focus with all this stuff going on through the radio."

"Oh, don't worry about it, Harry. Although, I don't think I can do another night or I'll fall asleep on the job. I do like the night shifts though. After a few good nights of sleep, I'll take the night jobs again."

"Sounds good. I'll take tomorrow and Ron can do it the night after."

###

Hermione had luckily gotten a few good nights of sleep before it was time to sneak away from camp. It wasn't hard to persuade Harry and Ron to let her back on night watch especially since neither of them wanted it. She had decided that she would investigate tonight and see if she could find Draco.

She heard a twig snap nearby and stood up quickly. She slowly walked down the hill, looking around for who it was. Coming to the edge of the wards, she looked around expecting to see Draco or even an animal. Instead, another tree branch crunched under heavy footfalls and a tall, dark, greasy-haired man that was definitely not Draco came out of the trees. He was accompanied by two other men; one of them was carrying a limp girl. Hermione stood stock still and waited for them to pass by the wards. She almost thought she was safe when the man who was obviously the leader of the pack, turned around and came back to where she was standing. Her fear was faint, though, as the main emotion she was feeling was anger. Draco had sold her out! He had brought her right where the Snatchers could get her.

The lead Snatcher took a deep breath through his nose, having obviously smelled her strong perfume. This made Hermione even angrier as she had put the perfume on just for Draco. The other Snatcher that was carrying the girl said something to the lead one and he turned away. Hermione breathed a shaking breath of relief. "Snatchers." Hermione's heart leaped with fear again but realized it was just Harry next to her.

###

Draco Pov

Draco watched with horror from the bushes as Scabior the Snatcher sniffed at something neither of them could see though Draco could guess. His Patronus had let him know that this was the clearing where Hermione, Potter, and Weasley were currently hiding with protection wards up. He hadn't planned for the Snatchers to show up at exactly the wrong moment when he was going to reveal himself to Hermione. He could imagine what she was thinking right now as the Snatchers gave up the suspicion and walked off into the forest. She probably thought he had lured her out to be captured by the Snatchers and cringed at the thought.

He slammed his fist angrily into the ground and stomped up to the ward hoping Hermione could see him. When no one came out, he ran his fingers through his hair angrily. He was mad at himself and the Snatchers. Draco decided to take his frustration on the Snatchers and ran through the forest, trying to catch up to the men.

"Scabior!" Draco yelled as they came into sight. The three men turned around, obviously alarmed but relaxed when they saw it was him.

"Ah, why isn't it ickle Draco Malfoy, Lucius Malfoy's prodigal son. What can we do for thee fine sir today?" Scabior mocked with a fake little bow. Draco snarled.

"What were you doing back there?" he asked menacingly.

"Oh, Malfoy's touchy tonight. We're just taking this Mudblood to the Dark Lord." Scabior gestured to the small girl in one of the other Snatcher's arms.

"Yeah, but why'd you stop?" Draco tried to ignore the Snatcher's use of Mudblood but clenched his fists.

"I smelled something like a girl's perfume. Didn't make sense, though, as there wasn't a girl. You got a problem with that?" Draco shook his head mutely. He had calmed down and knew that picking a fight with one of the best Snatchers wouldn't be good. "Good. Now, if you'll excuse us, we have things to do." The Snatchers walked off without waiting for his reply and Draco sat on the cold forest floor. He put his head between his knees and looked at the forest floor in despair. He couldn't move, couldn't think because he had ruined any chance he still had with Hermione and he cried because he was turning as violent as a regular Death Eater. What was happening to his life? At this point, the only thing that could be worse would be if Hermione actually got captured.

Well, only 6 chapters left. I'm so sad this is coming to a close but I hope you guys have enjoyed it. I think y'all can guess what chapter I'm going to write next seeing as there's only one more chapter for this movie and the most important Dramione scene happens in this movie. Please comment and vote. I can't tell you how fun it is reading comments and I appreciate all your support!

-Ms. Scarlet