The Phil. Stone Pt. 4: Goodbye

Hermione Pov

Hermione was happy and sad about leaving Hogwarts for summer break. She was happy to be going home to see her parents but was also going to miss all her new friends. She had already said goodbye to most but hadn't seen Draco yet to say goodbye to him. Over the year they had hung out a lot, and she got to know him really well. The only problem was Ron and Harry still hated him so they'd had to meet up in secret mostly. She'd decided to go looking for him a few minutes ago but had yet to find his compartment. Harry and Ron had wondered where she was going, but she had made up some excuse about wanting to talk to Parvati.

She looked in the next compartment and was disappointed to find only Neville and Susan. Hermione was about to give up and go back to Harry and Ron's compartment when she turned around and ran smack dab right into Draco. "Draco! I was just looking for you to say bye."

"That's funny; I was looking for you too. Want to find somewhere to sit to talk?"

"Sure. Do you already have a compartment or should we find one?"

"I have one. Crabbe and Goyle are saving it. It's just down here." Draco gestured for her to follow him, and they walked back in the direction Hermione came from. They passed Harry and Ron's compartment, and Hermione noticed the boys were swamped in candy again, like the first time she met them. They continued on and finally reached a compartment at the very front of the train. They walked in together and Draco spoke, "Crabbe, Goyle, leave. Granger and I need to talk." As the two boys passed Hermione, she nodded at each and closed the door behind them.

"You know, you should really be nicer to them. They never did anything to you, and I would consider them your friends," Hermione told Draco sternly.

"Eh, they're fine with it. Anyway, they don't have any feelings."

"I think they do have feelings because everyone has feelings. But anyway, was there something, in particular, you wanted to talk about, or just say goodbye?" Hermione asked.

"Yeah, actually. I was just thinking about our situation." Hermione's eyes widened. "I'm going to be honest here. I've had feelings for you for a while now that go beyond friendship. I'd be open to trying out a relationship with you if you wanted," Draco said without any hesitation at all.

"Umm, wow. I mean, I've never had a boyfriend before, obviously, but I mean I guess I'm willing to give it a try," Hermione said while blushing. To be honest, Hermione was more than willing, but she didn't want to look too clingy. Especially the last few months, she couldn't help but notice how good-looking her friend was but wasn't about to act on it for fear of embarrassment. "Like I'm probably going to mess up in a relationship, but let's try."

"Okay, awesome. That was easier than I expected. The only other thing was I assume you want to keep it a secret for now because of Weasley and Potter? 'Cause I'm totally fine with it because I know a few people that wouldn't be too happy about it either."

"Sounds great. It just makes a lot of sense, honestly. And I think it'll be fun sneaking around. If that's all, I'll see you next year, Draco."

"Bye, Hermione." Hermione turned around quickly at Draco's statement and smiled.

"Are you finally granting me the honor of being called by my first name?" she asked slyly.

"I don't know what you're talking about, Granger," he said, smirking. She grinned and waved goodbye before going to find Harry and Ron again.

Okay, okay, I can just hear all the comments. First off, just remember, I am only writing four scenes from each movie/book and so it might have seemed like a fast relationship, but for them, it's been an entire year. Second, I understand that they are only eleven, but I was eleven once and when I was in middle school, I had a best friend who had a boyfriend. Of course, they weren't like serious, but they were still "dating". I'd say 6th grade/1st year is too young for dating but this was at the end of the first year, so you could count them as 2nd year/7th grade and I think 7th grade is a little more reasonable for dating. In 2nd year they would be twelve. So please don't yell at me for making it move so fast, because I just don't have the patience for a slow burn.  

-Ms. Scarlet