Chamber of Sec. Pt. 2: Favors

Hermione Pov

As Hermione was leaving the Great Hall and heading to Defense Against the Dark Arts, a hand grabbed her and pulled her into the nearest empty classroom. She looked around wildly, but relaxed when she saw Draco. "Draco, what the hell do you think you are doing? I'm going to be late for Potions."

"Can't a guy want to spend some time with his girlfriend?" Hermione glared at him, not having any of it. "Fine, fine. I'll let you go in a second, I just wanted to say hi and formally apologize for the whole bookstore incident."

"Draco, I already told you it wasn't your fault and you don't need to apologize. So just give it a rest and I'll be fine," Hermione said, not really annoyed but just ready to get to class.

"Okay, fine. The real reason I pulled you in here was I just missed you. Can we just talk for a few minutes? Class doesn't start for five minutes."

"Well, I did have a favor to ask," she said while batting her eyelashes.

"Anything. Ask away."

"Well...I was thinking about how your dad was very...vocal in his opinions in the bookstore and if we want to keep up this charade of you hating Muggle-borns as well, shouldn't you be a little more vocal as well? So I was doing some research and I came across a specific word that maybe you could call me to have people believe your blood prejudice more?"

"No! Absolutely not. You want me to call you a Mudblood, don't you? Hermione, I could never do that to you, even if you're the one who asked me."

"But --"

"NO! I said no. This is like me asking you to punch me, and I don't think you want that either."

"Wait, Draco just listen to me. I'll make it up to you in any way you want, I promise. I'm just not ready to come out in public. Name it, and I'll do it to make it up to you. There isn't any other way."

"You know, I really don't want to do this, but if it really means that much to you, I will. The only thing that you can do in return is spend some time with me in the library, either studying or just reading."

"Oh, Draco, thank you!" Hermione exclaimed before throwing herself into his arms and hugging him. He wrapped his own arms around her and they locked in a silent embrace before Hermione pulled away. "It'll be okay, I promise. And I would love to spend some time with you in the library. Now we really have to go if we want to make it to Potions in time."

They headed out of the classroom, and since the hallways were already pretty empty, just walked together. "You know, I'm still not happy about this, but that hug sweetened the deal immensely, just so you know," a smirking Draco said. Hermione blushed and went into the Potions classroom with him entering a few minutes later so as not to raise suspicion.

###

Draco Pov

"Malfoy?" Potter asked.

"That's right, and that's not all that's new this year," Draco said while shifting his new broom to his other shoulder.

"Those are Nimbus 2001s. How did you get those?" Draco had to suppress the urge to roll his eyes at the Weasel's idiocy. How did he think Draco got them?

"They were a gift from Draco's father," Marcus Flint said, smirking. Draco started to squirm on the inside when he thought about what was coming next. Hermione would probably make some rude retort and Draco would have to respond with Mudblood.

"You see, Weasley, unlike some, my father can afford the best," Draco said confidently while all the while his stomach was sinking lower and lower.

"At least no one on the Gryffindor team had to buy their way in; they got in on pure talent." Hermione's words echoed in his head and he knew it was the moment he had been dreading for the past week.

Draco stepped away from the Slytherin team and sauntered confidently up to Hermione. He swallowed and worked up the courage to start talking. "No one asked your opinion, you filthy little Mudblood." Draco worked a sneer onto his face for a little extra and tried as hard as he could not to run up to her and hug her again when her own face started to quiver.

"You'll pay for that one, Malfoy." Weasely pulled out a wand that was not doing very well and said, "Eat slugs."

The spell, of course, backfired and hit the Weasel himself, throwing him backward. Draco had to force out a laugh to go along with the team while his mind just kept playing Hermione's quivering face over and over again, like a never-ending movie. All the Gryffindors present, ran over to the Weasel while the Slytherins stayed put. Hermione and Potter supported Weasley over to Hagrid's hut and Draco followed the Slytherins to the Quidditch pitch to practice. Although Draco had already practiced with them a few times and done exceptionally well, this time he couldn't stop thinking about Hermione and didn't catch the Snitch once.

Here is another one. Hoped you liked it. Please comment, vote, and request scenes.

-Ms. Scarlet