Goblet of Fire Pt. 4: Worried

Draco Pov

As Draco strode through the grass with Pansy, Crabbe, and Goyle right on his heels, he looked around for Hermione. They had decided to meet at the middle overlook on the top floor to watch the Second Task together, but Draco hadn't heard from her in a while. He decided she was probably just busy and would meet him anyway.

This would be the first time Pansy and Hermione would be meeting not as enemies but as friends and Draco wasn't too worried. Pansy had expressed respect for Hermione and Hermione had said that she thought Pansy was one of the better Slytherins (along with him, of course). The four Slytherins boarded one of the boats on Black Lake. Draco looked back and saw Potter and Longbottom walking down and couldn't help noticing Hermione wasn't with them.

Pansy elbowed him. "What are you thinking about?"

"Oh, nothing. I just haven't seen Hermione around at all since yesterday morning, but I'm not really worried."

The boat rocked as small waves produced by another boat hit them. "Just wondering. Anyway, I'm excited to meet her. Do you have a specific meeting place?" Pansy asked while picking at her cuticles.

"Yeah," replied Draco. "When we discussed it, we decided to meet up at the top of the middle overlook. Does that sound fine?"

"No, the middle overlook is the worst one," she said sarcastically. "Of course it's fine."

Draco chuckled. "Just making sure." The boat suddenly bumped up against the small dock coming off the middle overlook. Crabbe, who was at the front of the boat, grabbed onto one of the supporting beams and stood up, causing the boat to tip a little. The three remaining fourteen-year-olds all shouted in protest.

Crabbe quickly got out and mouthed, "Sorry." Pansy got out next, though much more gracefully, with Draco following close behind. As Goyle was trying to get out, another boat, this one containing Fred, George, and Ginny, rammed into the boat still containing Goyle. He screamed as the boat finally tipped over and he was fully submerged under the ice-cold water. He came up gasping for air. Crabbe reached down and helped Goyle out of the water before Draco quickly cast a hot air spell to dry him off. "Are you okay?" Pansy asked.

"Yeah, just still a little cold, but it's no big deal." The three Gryffindors who were responsible for this whole mess quickly got out of their own boat and came over.

"Sorry 'bout that, Goyle. Hey Malfoy, have you seen Ron this morning?" Fred asked.

"Actually, no. I haven't seen Hermione, either. Do you think I should be worried?" Draco asked as everyone headed up the stairs.

"No, just wondering because Ron didn't even come back to the dorm last night. I think they'll be fine, especially if they are together."

Draco grimaced at the thought of Weasley and Hermione being together, wherever they were, but quickly brushed off the thought as they got to the top of the overlook. He looked around, trying to spot if Hermione was maybe already up there to no avail. He led the Slytherins, along with the three Weasleys, over to the edge of the overlook. Having to push through the already big crowd was a hassle, but the group eventually reached the overlook's edge.

He looked down and watched the small dock. As fewer and fewer boats started arriving, Draco got more and more worried. He tried to reassure himself that she knew what she was doing, but he wasn't really succeeding. Finally, no more boats showed up. Draco decided to wait out the challenge since he was stuck there anyway.