7 : trust

"here have a drink" you passed Da-Eun a cup of water.

"Food for you two" you passed them the 2 tacos you brought home.

"Tacos?" Kara asked looking at the food in awe.

"...have you not tried it before?" you asked, trying not to laugh.

"of course we have. but eomma wouldn't allow us to eat it that much. only once a month..?" Kara replied.

"sad story. now eat. i fought with someone for this." you looked away.

"thank you.." both of them thanked you with confusion.

"so mind telling me what the heck happened? and who is that dude?" you wanted an answer from them.

"he's my boyfriend. well ex." Da-Eun replied.

"he always hits her though. even though they're not together anymore" Kara said rolling her eyes at Da-Eun.

"why would you even date him in the first place?" you questioned her.

"I don't know.."

"Why didn't you tell eomma and appa?" you asked,

'aren't they close?'

"please, eomma and appa won't care" Kara stuffed her mouth.

"oh. anyway, he's not even handsome.. or cute." you mumbled.

"I know right! you have such a bad taste D" Kara said to Da-Eun.

"yes yes I know. that's why I dumped him then he starts being abusive." she put down the tacos.

"but you did dumped him in front of the whole class.."  Kara slowly said.

"dang" you choked.

"thank you. We both tried to tell him to stop but he just.. keeps doing it." she sighed.

"Da-eun is scared of him and, she trembles when he approaches her" Kara confessed.

"Hey, you don't have to tell her that" Da-eun whispers to Kara.

"..Don't worry. He won't come close to you anymore. Tell me if he ever come close to you" you looked at her.

She nods slowly.

"Anyway, imma bath and sleep. make sure to finish your food" you stood up.

"wait. was that really a penknife you took out just now?" they asked, looking frightened.

you look at them and smiled.

"secret" you smirked and walked up the stairs and to your bedroom.

you always keep a penknife with you. ya know just in case.

'Ji-ho.. hah..'  you kept replaying that name in your head.

few weeks past and your parents still didn't come back home. Even though Kara and Da-Eun missed them so much, they are glad that they're not around anymore and feels happier without them.

They don't feel controlled anymore. Day by day they started to respect you as a sister and you three became close. 

*the next morning*

"Unniee! can you buy food from Wendy's after school? we both have extra classes todayy" Da-Eun shouted from the dining room.

you ran down the stairs and hurry grab a piece of bread.

"okok. bye I gotta go. I'm late." you waved bye and hurry ran to the bus.

you reached school and everyone had already been in class.